•Chapter 14•

"Randy, behind you!" My voice cracked as I screamed in horror, seeing the figure in the ghost mask skulking up the stairway.

He looked up, quickly grabbing me and standing in front of me, keeping an eye on the slow, menacing killer. He wasn't ready to pounce like usual. His approach seemed more planned out this time.

"Come on, let's go!" I said, feeling uneasy. I grabbed Randy's hand, sprinting to the heavy door. I tried to pull it open, but it wouldn't budge.

"Fuck Randy, it's locked!" I said in distress, pounding a fist on the steel. "What? How?!" He said, trying the door handle again.

"Get out of here you fucking coward!" Randy yelled, his voice shaking. The killer tilted his head at him. "Please," He begged in fear, holding me behind him again. "Just don't hurt her."

The killer slowly pulled something out of his sleeve, the silver glare revealing it to be his knife. I cringed, squeezing Randy's hand. There has to be a way out of this, I thought.

He started sprinting up the staircase, only a few flights away. Randy held on to me tight, ready to defend me at any cost. Despite this, I wiggled out of his grip.

Randy shot me a look of horror as he watched me run to the top of the stairs. "Wait, Tiff!" He shouted, grabbing my arm. "Let go." I said confidently through my adrenaline and fear, shaking his hand off again. He stayed close behind me, unsure of my plan.

The killer turned the corner, coming quickly up the staircase we stood upon. I took swift steps down the stairs to keep up with him. With no other options, I did what I had to.

"You want me?" I said, taunting the killer. He gained speed, coming right for us with his blade aimed high. "Come get me motherfucker!" I screamed before jumping over several stairs and body slamming the killer into the hard floor.

When I hit the ground, I felt nothing but pure adrenaline in my veins. The knife hit the floor too, clacking down beside us. My heart was beating faster than it ever had before and my breath was heavy. All I felt was blind rage knowing how he hurt Randy and Sid.

He grunted, trying to sit up but I held him down with all of my weight. I grabbed his head, bashing it into the ground in a fit of rage. "You son of a BITCH!" I screamed through my cracked voice as I punched him again and again in the jaw, then the nose, feeling his sorry bones crack under my knuckles.

"Tiffany!" Randy shouted, running down the stairs. He knelt down beside me, pulling me away from the killer. I struggled, trying to get a few more punches in, even though he wasn't moving.

He eventually pulled me off of him, sitting beside him with me on the ground. "Jesus Christ, are you okay?" He said, pushing my hair out of my face for me.

It was odd, because I didn't feel any pain until that moment. The panic had mostly faded away and all that was left were my aching joints and ribs. The knees in my jeans were ripped and my skin was scraped, the palms and knuckles of my hands looking the same. I felt bruises start to form all over me. And to top it off. I had bit my lip on the way down. I felt the cut on my hand reopening, never being stitched shut.

"I said as he lifted up my sleeve and traced the scrapes on my arm with a soft touch. "Good thing we're in a hospital." He said, carefully pulling my sleeve back down. He grabbed my hand to help me up, but I gripped my side in pain. "Fuck." I mumbled.

"Shit, I'm sorry. Here, let's go get help." He said, placing my arm over his shoulders and helping me up. I cringed a little bit, my body aching. He was gentle, but I was banged up. My lungs burned every time I let out a weak breath. He turned, starting to walk us both up the stairs.

"Holy shit, you really knocked him out cold." Randy said, looking over my shoulder. "I couldn't let him hurt us." I replied, wiping blood off of my lip. "I  told you I wasn't going anywhere."