Chapter One: The Cell

'What am I doing here?' is the first thought that travels through my mind as I take in the cold bare floor beneath me. A shiver runs up my back as the cold seeps through the thin layer of cloth I am wearing. Standing up, I take in my surroundings. Three of the walls are gray and bare, and the fourth wall is covered in bars from top to bottom.

Shaking, I walk over to one of the bars and reach my hand out to touch it. The moment my hand hits the bar an electric shock flows through my body. I scream and slump to the ground.

"Well, it looks like our sleeping beauty has finally awoken. Follow the guard," a male voice booms through the cell.

Reluctantly, I stand up and follow the teenage boy out of my cell.

"I was beginning to worry we'd killed you when we knocked you out. Luckily, the pipe hit the right part of your head," the voice speaks as I reach the room.

Unconsciously, I reach toward my forehead where there is a fierce pain emitting from.

"Bring her in," the unidentifiable voice instructs the guard when we reach her door.

The guard opens the door and I hesitantly walk in. Sitting in the chair is a person I thought I would never see again. The person who I was running from.

Michael Herrison.