[1]

KYLIES POV

Tomorrow night is the first dance of the year. Its my first year at North Bay Haven and I only have 4 friends. Like every other girl in the school I have a hopeless crush on Jack Cameryn. I'm on my way to 2nd period, gym now. Coach Coates is the meanest coach in the school and I have her. Luckily I know people in this class so it won't be to bad. I was so wrong, we got put into groups and I know everyone in mine but we can't talk, Victoria, Zephen, and Tucker, also Jack Cameryn who sits next to me. I always get goosebumps when I sit down and he tries to make small talk before the bell rings.

JACKS POV

I love 2nd period. I get to sit next to Kylie, she may be really quiet but she's actually really funny and smart and sweet and pretty but she doesn't like me. My friend Melissa who is her best friend told me they never talk about me. Tomorrow is the dance and I was thinking about asking her. I wonder what she would say, and how she would say it. Probably like, Sorry but no. Or would she say yes? No she's way out of my league, she'd never ever even think of saying yes. Or would she, nah, the only way I could score a date with Keira Vanton is if she was trying to spare my feelings. She has these dimples that are so sensitive when she whispers they show up, and her smile is like, it could make a terrible day perfect even after she got braces. And her eyes, oh her eyes, they're brown and like sparkly even I could stare into them for hours on end. But it'll never happen, she likes that kid from her old school, I would kill to be in his his shoes.