10. 𝐢 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐛𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

°~(🦋⚡🌻)~°

°~(🦋⚡🌻)~°

°MARCH 22, 2020
los angeles, calif.°

it was 8:53, and the house was slowly beginning to wind down. sort of. everyone was sitting in the living room, watching the first avengers movie from disney +.

anna was sitting in her usual spot on the chair, christian and tyler were sitting on one of the couches, while keri and jeff sat together on the other.

ophelia and daniel, sat together on the floor, leaning against the couch christian and tyler were on. she had her head on his chest, sitting in between his legs. she was playing with his long fingers mindlessly while keeping her focus on the movie.

daniel was barley paying actual attention to the movie. he was to busy admiring the girl in front of him to care. besides, he could just watch the movie again later.

just as the big fight scene was about to begin, ophelia's phone loudly rang, causing the group to jump.

"ugh, ophelia!" tyler yelled, throwing a few pieces of pop corn at the girl.

"why is your ringer so loud?!" anna groaned.

"im sorry!" ophelia laughed, picking up the phone, and looking at the caller id. at the sight of the name, her face went pale as if she had seen a ghost. the small girl stood up from her comfortable position and without another word, quickly walked out back.

everyone's immediately looked at daniel who had seen who was calling. "her dad called." he said.

ophelia closed the door behind her before answering the call. she placed the phone against her ear. "hello?"

"hello ophelia." rick spoke. ophelia rolled her eyes at the sound of her father's voice.

"hi. what do you want?" ophelia said, venom dripping from her words.

"what? a guy can't call his daughter?"

"sure, a guy can, but you can't. now what do you want?" ophelia asked once again. she was growing angrier with the sad excuse of a man and father on the other side of the phone.

"fine." rick sighed. "your mother and i want you to come home."

"bullshit." ophelia scoffed.

"no it's not, we talked about it this morning." rick retaliated.

"yes it is. i was on the phone with mom for two hours this morning. she is ok with me being at the seavey's house. she is actually more than ok with it because she trusts them all with my life. don't sit there and tell me lies like that." ophelia rolled her eyes, beginning to pace back and forth beside the pool.

"ok sure. you may be right, but as your father i'm telling you to leave their house, and come home."

at this point, ophelia is beyond livid. everything that she had built up, kept inside of her, was about to come out. she was like a ticking time bomb of pent-up sadness and anger that was about to explode.

"as my father? your gonna sit there, on the couch with a beer bottle and a cigarette in your hands and call yourself my father? don't you dare try to pull that bullshit on me. you, rick bobby birkins, are not my father. i am a mistake to you, you don't care about me, you don't fucking love me! you were never there for the milestones in my life, and if you were there, you couldn't have given less of a shit!" ophelia yelled into the phone.

she could be heard from the inside of the house, the seavey's not really knowing what to do.

"you don't know what you're talking about." rick argued, his voice getting louder.

"oh i don't? when i was 4 and learning how to ride a fucking bike, who taught me?! who taught me rick?! mom, jeff, and keri did! and you were there! yet you watched from the side and laughed when i fell instead of being a good dad and comforting me! you weren't there for any of my gymnastics meets, you weren't there when i left for that art school all the way across fucking america! you weren't there when i had heart surgery, you weren't there when i had knee surgery! you weren't there when i had back surgery that took me out of doing what i love!"

tears streamed down ophelia's face. she had never said these things out loud before. actually hearing the words come out of her mouth hurt her, a lot.

"but guess who was there! mom was there! jeff and keri were there! anna, christian, tyler, and daniel were there! they were always there. you don't get to call yourself a father. you had your chance to be in my life whether i was a mistake or not. yet you made the choice to fucking hate me my whole life. as far as im concerned, i don't have a biological father. don't you ever call me again."

and with that, ophelia hung up the phone. tears still fell from her eyes, and continued to do so as she say down on one of the chairs outside putting her head in her hands.

"do we do something or..." tyler asked the group. they were now all standing at the door, unsure of what to do.

"no, we don't do anything," jeff started, emphasizing 'we', "daniel does something." slightly pushing his youngest son forward.

"what? why me?" daniel asked, still allowing jeff to push him forward.

"because your future wife is outside crying dumbass." christian spoke.

"plus, when you two stop ignoring your feelings for each other and date, you're gonna always be the one to comfort her about anything." anna added.

"you say that as if i don't already do that. and i stopped ignoring my feelings days ago." daniel spoke before walking outside.

°~(🦋⚡🌻)~°

well, now we know a little bit more about rick and him being a dick. if you don't stan, say "i ✌"

anywhore, this book has over 3.3k reads and a bitch don't know how to act-

i love y'all so much, thank you so much for reading, your comments never fail to make me smile

mwah
💞