Chapter 2

Taking his seat on his chair, Grian played with his thumbs. Mumbo, who was already there, filing paperwork for the shop, looked up.

'You don't seem to be getting out much.'

'With Scar dead, Cub dead, and everyone getting into near death experiences, I don't think that would be the best option.' Grian huffed sadly. 'Why do you come here, to Sahara?' 'It makes me feel.. safe. I don't know how to describe it.' 'Safe? You still think you'll die?'

Grian only stuttered in response, the answer difficult for him. 'Grian,' Mumbo said, 'You won't die. I won't die, Iskall won't die, we all won't die. Nobody else will die. No more sightings.'

The man in the red sweater shook his head. 'You say that when they keep trying harder to cut our lives short. You can't just say everything will be okay because you can use wires and pistons to push a door back together!'

Mumbo tried to reply, but the player stood up. 'We're all gonna die, Mumbo. Whatever happens, they'll kill us. We can't stop it.' Grian turned to walk away, but he collapsed.

Images of Ren and Stress falling clouded his mind before his head hit the floor.

***

'Hello?' Grian cried.

He looked around aimlessly, wanting someone to help him in this dark place. 'Mumbo? Iskall?'

Someone took a step closer. As for the someone, Grian couldn't tell who they were besides for the gray coloring. In the panic, Grian fell and moved backwards. He hit a wall, a weak one at that. Grian turned around to see the wall, only to see that he wasn't near one. It was a grave. He was in a graveyard.

It kept stepping closer.

'G-get away from me!'

Whatever it was didn't listen. He got onto his feet and began to run. It shocked Grian to no end at the fact he was running though a gray landscape. Turning around, he realized that the thing was getting closer.

He tripped over a tree's root.

Grian tried to speak up at gray creature, but he couldn't speak. Continuing to stutter, he looked back up. Now that it was closer, he could see the black robe over their body.

'R-Ren?'

'Why won't you die?'

The question startled Grian. 'Come on, Ren, it's just me! I never meant for.. this.. to happen!' Ren stepped closer. 'Ren, please! It's just me, Grian! Helloooo!'

Grian was hit across the head with the scythe.

***

'Stop acting like that, Mumbo. It's not like he's dead!' 'He just collapsed randomly, and now he's been out for an hour!' 'Calm yourself! I splashed a potion onto him! He regenerated his hearts! Grian never went poof and became items!'

Grian opened his eyes, his mind cloudy. 'Oh thank goodness!' Mumbo said, smiling though his mustache. 'Look, Grian, I'm sorry about earlier, as well as not being able to stop you from hitting the ground-' 'It's fine, Mumbo.'

'You're health bar was very low, Grian, and you seem shaken up. You okay?' Iskall questioned. The boy in the blonde hair blinked the sleep in his eyes, remembering his dream. 'No, I'm fine Iskall.'

'Then what's that on your shoulder?'