Chapter 2

It was dark, and it was crowded. Too crowded. Way too crowded. Not that there were many in the cinema, but they simply sat too close. Not that they sat closer than they usually would in the cinema, the Bratz girlz together with the Bratz boyz, but the right side of Sascha's seat was just... too close. Dylan. Dylan sat too close.

"Could you perhaps move a little? You're right up in my seat, come on" Sascha whispered.

Dylan looked at her, surprised, "Bunny Boo, I'm in my seat! I can't move further away, I sit in my seat. Look" he said, while gesturing at his seat. She realized he was right; he didn't actually sit right up against her, he sat with as much distance as Jade did on her other side. She shook her head, looking up at the screen again, trying to focus on the movie. Yet, Dylan was just so... irritating. She looked sideways at him, without him noticing. She realized, yet again, that he didn't actually do something, he kind of just ... sat there. Looking at the screen. She sighed, tried to ignore it.

A few seats further away, Cloe held Cameron's hand, feeling at peace in the dark, together with her dear friends and Cameron. Her Cameron. She smiled to him in the dark and he noticed this, smiled back and squeezed her hand a little.

However, Yas was sitting amongst all of them, feeling uncomfortable. She didn't know if she should talk with the girls afterwards or just go home, trying to ignore everything. She knew inside that the best thing was to simply talk with them, let them advise her, yet... She couldn't bring herself to do it. So she simply focused on the movie on the screen, ignoring everything and hoping no one would ask her afterwards. So many questions; why don't you come with us anymore, why do you hide at home every time we go shopping, why, why, why ...

***

Outside the cinema, it was dark, but the air felt light. Cameron put his jacket around Cloe's shoulders, and she smiled up at him. Sascha rolled her eyes at the sight of this, thinking no one saw her, but as she looked beside her, Dylan smiled at her while his expression showed clearly that yes, he did really see her roll her eyes, and no, he wouldn't comment it, only tease her to irritate her even more.

"What did you think of the movie?" He asked, too polite, too formal.

Sascha sighed, trying to collect her thoughts. His way of irritating her was getting to her thoughts, messing with her speaking ability around him. "It was fine. A little too romantic, though" she replied.

"Too much romantic? I thought you girls looooved romance" he teased again, smiling.

"Would you give me a break? And no, not EVERY girl loves that." She said, turning her back at him. She lied; she did actually like romantic movies, but the fact that he had teased with it, made her hate romantic movies.

"Fine," he simply said, going over to Jade to talk with her about the movie. Jade was head-over-heels about the movie – "It was sooo romantic, oh, and did you see when he came to rescue her? Oh, that just melted my heart"

Sascha looked away.

"It's such a lovely evening and not too chill – shouldn't we take a walk around the park?" Cloe asked and looked around at the others. Cameron laid his arms around her shoulder, nodding, "yeah, I'm up for that."

"Great idea", Dylan said, and Jade nodded eagerly. Sascha shrugged her shoulders, but agreed to go to the park.

"How about you, Yas?" Cloe asked, looking over at her.

Yas looked unsure, looking around the area.

"Well, yeah, I suppose I could go with you" she finally replied.

As they entered the park, they noticed it was completely empty of people.

"We have the whole area to ourselves!" Jade said eagerly.