Chapter 9

Sascha turned around and walked away from the football area. She wanted to get away from it all. It was a stupid trip, and it was only day one of the trip.

She walked through the forest and back to the tents. Inside the tent, she finally laid down, wondering what had just happened. How could she be so angry? She knew that she was aggressive. And she knew that she sometimes overreacted. But... urgh. She so wanted to win and score the goal. And everytime she was close ... HE was there. Like always.

She took a deep breath. She hadn't been fair. Not to Yas and her friends. Well, she was fair towards Dylan – after all, he was annoying – but her friends... she suddenly thought about how angry she had been lately. Her anger disappeared when she remembered all the anger she had let out on her friends, all because of Dylan.

Dylan. No. She wouldn't let her anger affect her friends anymore. She would turn the anger at Dylan, and only him. Her friends didn't deserve this anger from her. They always wanted the best for her. And Yas – she suddenly remembered how hurt Yas has been lately. Had she been sad? Sascha honestly didn't know much about Yas' heartache. She hadn't paid enough attention, because of her anger. She suddenly felt sick to her stomach about how she had been towards Yas. Yas didn't deserve that, not one bit.

Sascha went into her sleeping bag with her sports clothes and makeup on; frankly, she didn't care. She needed sleep and she needed to wake up refreshed and then apologize to Yas. That's the least she could do right now.

-

Dylan couldn't focus about the football game. His mind was a big mess, his heart filled with pain. He had never seen so much hate before – really, hate. Not just irritated or annoyed, but actually hate.

He wondered and thought about it: football couldn't bring out a feeling of that much hate. She must have hated him for a long, long time, and he hadn't noticed until now. He thought it was funny to piss her off – he never realized she hated him for it.

"Hey, guys, continue playing – I'll head back to take a shower" he said to his teammates, and started running through the forest.

"That's odd", Cameron said, "he never cancels a game, or leave it. He always want to win."

Cloe shrugged, "well, maybe now we can continue the game – without drama?"

Jade giggled, "and that comes from our little drama queen..."

Cloe looked at her, "hey, Kool Kat! What are you talking about?!"

Jade laughed a bit and the game went on.

-

Sascha woke up from her nap, feeling more refreshed. That was needed. She hadn't slept well, and now she saw things more clear: she would apologize to Yas and the other girlz when they came back from the game. She wouldn't let her anger out on them anymore. She would only direct it at the one who deserved it: Dylan.

She sat up in the sleeping back, stretching a bit from the nap. Then she got up, noticing that she still wore her sports clothes and decided to take a shower, and with that, rinse her thoughts from today.

She found her summer dress in her bag as well as some sandals, underwear and makeup bag and headed to the shower area, which was divided in 2 small houses; one for men, one for women.

She had to admit: everything was planned thoroughly and arranged properly beforehand. The football area, the eating place, the shower arrangements... everything was thought through.

She went to the food area to grab a cup of coffee before taking the shower. She needed some energy after the football and the nap.

She sat down at the food area, looking around, enjoying the quietness. Everyone was somewhere else; playing football, or maybe watching the football match, and others hung out different places. But right here at the main area of the camping place, she was alone. She took a deep breath and enjoyed the coffee.

She then headed to the entrance for the shower area, where she had to find the door for women, but something caught her attention at the corner of her eye. She turned to see what it was and gasped quietly. Dylan stood in the other end of the area, turned away from her, his hair wet as if he had just showered, but that's not the only thing she noticed: he was only wearing shorts. His tanned, toned back caught her eyes, and she stared. She had no idea why she kept staring at his back; her thoughts were suddenly silent while she kept looking at him.

He sighed, as if he was in his own thoughts, while looking out on forest, clearly not knowing Sascha was looking.

She kept looking, not knowing what to do or think. Then he took a deep breath, she could hear the breathing was shaking a bit, like he was upset.

The longer she stood there, the more nervous she became; what would he think if he turned around and found her looking at him?

Just when she thought time stood still and he would continue looking out at the forest, he turned around and saw her. Right in the eyes. She noticed his face looked differently – his smile was gone, the usual confidence in his eyes were changed to something else – sadness?

He opened his mouth, but before he could say anything, Sascha had run into the women's area of the showers. She locked the door, gasped for air, and then sat down right at floor, panicking.

After what felt like hours she finally got up. Perhaps she had only sat there for 10 minutes, but she had finally got her feelings under control. She turned on the water and stepped under the warm water, rinsing her thoughts from ... everything.

-

When Sascha stepped out of the shower, she found herself refreshed: the shower had rinsed everything, it felt like. She was no longer thinking about her anger, the stupid football match... and she was ready to move on. She felt like a new person; Dylan was finally forgotten. Out of the system.

She took her towel around her hair and took another towel around her body, searching for her dress. Only then she noticed – the dress wasn't there. And that's when it hit her: she had forgotten it at the coffee spot. She. Had. Forgotten. Her. Dress.

She started panicking. How could she forget the clothes?!

What was she supposed to do? There was no other of the girls in the shower area that she could ask for help, everyone was still at the football area.

She sneaked her head out of the door, looking to see if anyone was there. If she was lucky, she could run fast to the coffee spot, pick up her clothes and run back to put it on.

But when she looked out of the shower room, the person in front of her was Dylan. Right outside the door.