Chapter 11 : Him

When I opened my eyes again, I found myself lying on a soft cot, the frilly sheets covering me and a soft glow from the fire hearth lighting up the room. The room being huge, was a delight for me, but having only a single bedding arrangement, it had few spare furniture for keeping books, cups and a lantern.

The walls were carved out roughly on stone, and the floor was paved with irregular tiles.

Breathing in the refreshing scent of fresh linen, I sat up straight on the mattress, holding on to the sheets with a tight grip.

Wasn't I going to die? Or was I already dead?

Shaking my head, I got up from the bed, my naked body shivering in the cold, even thought the fire hearth was alive.

Draping on the sheets as temporary clothes, I tip toed towards the door, which seemed to made from some kind of tight knit threading, although I wasn't as curious about the material as was my desire to search for a life, a living person, who would tell me what had happened, why I was suddenly waking up in a room that wasn't a cell or the likes of them, or the stomach of some monster.

My slightly shaky fingers gripped on the handle of the door, and pulled to open it, only to be pushed back since someone from outside had opened it first.

Blinking my eyes, I looked at the man who had entered, he had blazing red hair and a very intense set of green eyes. "Good, you are awake, I am Seonha, would be accompanying you into your every task until you are able to stand straight again."

"Why am I here?"  I croaked out, confused and clueless.

"Master found you running on the street naked, so he picked you up."

I flushed, stuttering, "How come I don't remember it? Are you lying to me?"

"Why would I?" he countered tersely, pushing me further inside the room as he closed the door, taking in the sight of the room, "I have no reason to lie to you, but for now, drop the sheet back to your bed, I will give you new uniform, and food, you are trembling."

He was right, I was trembling, but why would I give in to him without any reason, wouldn't I be just thrown away again like some discarded toy?

"I want out." I demanded, straightening up my chin and towering over him even if my eyes were getting unfocused.

"You are still not fully healed, so I am just being hospitable, accept it," Seonha grumbled, tugging me around like luggage until I staggered onto the bed face down, the sheets entangled around me like creepers.

"Where am I?" I asked, watching Seonha doing something on the digital watch he wore, as a flash flickered on the screen and words started to protect on the wall opposite me.

"You are in Paradise 34.912, currently it is only guarded by a single Rajsi, and I am his fourth Swami. This bedroom was gifted to you, do whatever you want with it, but don't try to step out of it without me, master would be concerned."

"H-How did I reach here?" I was startled with the knowledge, not expecting to land in some Paradise and that too in someone's... home? "Does this place belong to your master?"

"Yes, it does, but he is also your master now."

Alert now with what was said, I quickly shook him to really have his attention, the action causing the Swami to tap in the wrong words, as the screen started to flash again, changing the projection to that of a settlement.

"Don't do that again, a slave doesn't touches anyone else than his own master," Seonha snapped, flicking my hand away, "Speak what you want to say, I am listening."