Chapter 7

Pain was the first thing that registered into his head. The memory of him forcefully being dragged to the back of the school to get a beating, running for his life, and finding two strangers finally registered into his brain. The latter part a bit hazy to him however. He grimaced when he tried to forcefully move his body to somehow sit up, when he noticed his arms was bandaged and a neat stich could be vaguely seen on his flat stomach.

He then surveyed the room he was in. With a quick look in his surroundings he noticed he wasn't anywhere familiar at all, much less a hospital or his house even. Where the hell is he?

"Anata wa okite iru." (You're awake) a voice sounded, startling him mildly. Only then did he notice the dark haired young woman sitting casually adjacent to his bed, holding a small book in her hands.

He blushed unconsciously. Had she been watching him this entire time? Wait, she's Japanese?

With a bit of a stutter he said "I'm sorry, I.. I don't speak Japanese."

"Oh." was all the girl said. He can't help but feel awkward with the growing silence. A few seconds passed before he heard the girl's cold voice asking.

"Who are you?" she said. Oh so she can speak English?

When he made a move to talk again however, a resounding boom echoed in the room as the door was forcefully opened with a bang. A green-headed man barged in the room, shouting with such a murderous aura emitting from his body.

"Kare wa doko ni imasu ka?!?!" (Where is he) the man bellowed. When the man saw him, its aura seemed to get even colder, looking as if it wanted to kill him then and there. "Anata o korosu!!!" (I'll kill you)

His eyes went round with fear when he noticed the gun pointing firmly on his head and a resounding click as the safety was released. Right then he knew he was going to die and images of his 18 years of life flashed before his eyes. All this mess just because of his stupid brother, he sighed as he closed his eyes.

He heard the girl's voice speak something in Japanese as he prayed for some kind of miracle to save him. He was ready to pee his pants then and there when he realized the cold feel of the gun against his forehead had vanished. When he opened his eyes, he saw the strange man being flicked in the head by the girl, chuckle amusedly like he didn't just point his gun in his head a while ago, intending to kill him.

"Aaaaah why didn't you say so, Hana-chan?" the man said with a laugh, addressing the latter.

Looking back at him the man smiled as he said "Look at him, why I almost shot you in the face hehe my bad little guy..."

Roan felt like vomiting blood as he forced himself to smile back at his almost-murderer.

A few minutes later, the man leisurely left the room beaming a loving smile at the girl.

"Be good Hana." was all he said, before closing the door and leaving just like that.

What.... What happened? Who am I? What am I?

"W-who was that?" he stuttered, at a loss for words. He blushed furiously though when he noticed the girl was making her way towards him slowly. Once she was close enough the girl spoke coldly.

"My idiotic brother." she said simply. What? Why would her brother want to kill him!? Did his brother offend their family somehow? What the cr*p is going on!?

"You were saying a while ago?" the girl questioned again, "Who exactly are you?"

Roan's thoughts were interrupted when the girl in front of him spoke. He went silent once again before sighing and speaking quietly after seeing the calculating look the girl was giving him.

"I-I'm Roan," he said.

"R-roan Fortaleza. My brother... he hasn't been well enough to come to school. A lot of people hated him sure, but they couldn't beat him either. So once he's gone they..."

"They turned their anger towards you." the girl finished for him. Roan looked at her and silently nodded.

"That's.. that's right.." he said sheepishly. "Thank you for helping me. God knows what could've happened if you left me there. Could've ended up in a ditch somewhere." Roan tried to laugh it off, but the obvious strain caused him to stop.

"I'm sorry I dragged you into this. I- I had nowhere else to go that day so I became desperate but I promise I won't trouble you-"

"These spineless people," the girl said, cutting him off.

"Are simply trash."

As he stared at the girl's determined cold gaze, he felt his heart thumping wildly inside his chest, threatening to jump out anytime.

This girl.... was insane.

But he strangely didn't hate it.

******Meanwhile******

Gino knew better than to trust the four eyes. He should've known the freak would lie!

"Oho Gino-nii how was I supposed to know the twerp lied?" Akane said with a laugh as Gino glared daggers at his direction. This only seemed to amuse him further though. On the other hand, he was already thinking of ways to get back at a certain younger brother a hundred times in his head. How dare that little twerp give him false information!?

"But huh," Akane continued with a thought, "never crossed my mind that he'd be gay, that one."

Gino silently agreed with his brother. No matter which angle you look at, that boy his dear imouto brought did not look gay at all. Then again, gay dudes were already hard to decipher these days with a single glance...

With the reminder of the earlier scenes however, the urge to strangle his brother resurfaced once again.

Just wait you four-eyed freak. Once Tanaka-onii leaves I'll pummel you to the ground. With that thought in mind Gino's mood evidently lightened. He walked away with a noticeable bounce to his step.

Akane can't help but feel a cold shiver run down his spine. Hm, must be the air conditioning.

Hanoi made his way quietly across the room but before he could escape, Akane's trained eyes landed on him.

"Where do you think you're going little sh*t?" Akane asked with a twitch in his eye. Hanoi glanced at him briefly before turning and running outside the door in break time speed. He wouldn't fan the fire in the megane's heart any longer.

Akane sighed and sat back down in his seat. That twerp was lucky my cardio's sh*t.

A/N
Hm wadda yah know. It turns out I wasn't dead after all @_@