Blame it on the vodka

Chapter six: Blame it on the vodka (Avery's POV)

We were all hanging out in Sophia's room, deciding plans for tonight. "Why don't we go take a walk or something?" Lia asked. 

"Okay, just because some people think Rome could be a little boring sometimes, doesn't mean we can't do something fun in it," I laughed. 

"Ice Club!" Sophia exclaimed. 

"What?" Lia and I asked in sync. 

"I was looking for clubs nearby and there's one like 8 mins away by car. It's called Ice Club, seems pretty good," she shrugged. "And since we're in Italy..." she trailed off with a smirk. 

"What?" Lia asked in confusion. 

She really can be dumb sometimes. 

"The legal drinking age in Italy is 16 years old," I informed her. 

"We're going!" Lia exclaimed. 

I guess we're going. 

Alcohol and I don't mix week. I don't normally drink but when I do, I become a wreck. 

"And we are drinking," Lia gave me a pointed look. "It's rare to be able to drink legally, alright?" she nudged me. 

"Alright, but I am not to blame for my actions or your hangovers," I sighed while standing. 

"Meet downstairs in an hour?" Lia asked. 

"An hour?" I asked in shock. We're getting that kind of ready? 

"Yeah," she shrugged. 

We stepped into the elevator and I got off on my floor. I was walking to my room when I heard heart-filled laughter. I looked behind me to see the guys walking down the hall as they laughed and stumbled. I don't know if they always act drunk when they're laughing or they're always drunk when they're laughing. 

"Hey," Ryder smirked as he walked past me, giving me a wink. 

I rolled my eyes as I opened my door and went inside. "Okay, where is that dress?" I sighed to myself as I sat down on the floor in front of my suitcase. I looked around for a little bit and then I found that red dress. It wasn't too fancy. It stopped mid-thigh, it was a flowy, lightweight dress with two thin straps holding it up at the shoulders. 

I took it with me into the bathroom and slipped into it before letting my hair down. Lia even made me bring a flat iron. Now I know why. I plugged it in, almost getting the life shocked out of me, literally, before I brushed it through and spent 30 minutes straightening it. Then I put some makeup on and realized that I didn't bring any heels. 

I grabbed the room phone and called Lia. She's definitely the one who brought heels. 

"Hello?" she asked. 

"Hey, do you have an extra pair of heels? I didn't bring any," I asked while lying on my stomach, rocking my legs back and forth. 

"Yeah, I'll drop them off," she replied. About five minutes later, she showed up. "There you go," she dangled the golden heels in my face. I hate heels, but shoes don't go with this look. "Okay, I'm gonna go put my dress on," she began walking away. 

"Hey!" I stopped closing the door and listened. She was talking to Colton. 

"Where are you guys going?" he asked. 

No, no, no. Don't tell him. Lia, come on. 

"Ice Club. Are you guys going anywhere?" she questioned.