A Dangerous Idea

Rats as big as a dog and people crowding times square, oh how I miss that. As I walk through the abandoned streets, I can almost see the kids pulling their parents or the bustling clubs.

I sigh, all that is gone now. I take a glance at my watch, shit I'm late. I start jogging towards the pier, a group of people comes into view. They're all glancing at something over the water, I can't even look, it's something I have to see every day.

They're staring at the obliterated Statue of Liberty. She was the first thing to do when the rebels took over. The American Mafia ordered the destruction, a royal f you to the people. "Emily!" I quickly whip my head towards the voice. Ugh, of course, it's my stupid boyfriend. "How many times do I have to tell you not to scream my name!" My boyfriend, Ryan, looks rejected. I run up to him and give him a quick peck on the cheek. I stare at the group in front of me, alright not bad I guess. A week ago I instructed Ryan to create a group of five people, these people would be called the Saviors.

A Week Ago

"Ryan we can't keep living like this!" I exclaim as I wipe the blood off his forehead. He was beaten up...again. The gangs in the city will stop at nothing I swear.

"Babe, it'll be ok!"

"No, I'm so tired of this. The leaders just sit in their comfy homes while we have to face the real world. Don't even get me started on Andrew that one is the biggest idiot, leader of the mafia my ass." I was enraged.

"Well we can't do anything about it-"

"Wait. Maybe we can..."

"What do you mean"

"Ryan... I have an idea." Ryan groans, my ideas are usually dangerous. "What is it this time"

"The Saviors, we should make this group. All you have to do is round up 5 people interested in recapturing the city from the mafia!"

"I'm so going to regret this..."

A short chapter but the very first one! I hope it's somewhat intriguing haha. Let me know what you think, or any ideas!