Pʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ ɪɪ

"Rick, you say nothing happened in that trip since I passed out, but Morty has somehow gotten dumber," the H/C haired girl began. "The family is acting as if they haven't seen you in years. Are you sure there's nothing, absolutely nothing, I'm missing here?"

He stared at her blankly, though that bland answer proved everything to Y/N. Her eyes felt full, her brain empty.

"Rick... how could you? He was your grands0–!" She hissed until she was cut off, by a cheerful, plain, very plain, looking man.

"Who's your grandson? Definitely this guy!" He grabbed the dumb Morty, scrubbing the boy's head with his fist as if he were cleaning up some mass murder.

"Jerry," Rick and Y/N addressed him in the same tone of condescension.

"Oh! And who's this?" He gestured to Y/N. The pair looked at each. "Assistant."

"Then how do you know my name?" Jerry muttered dumbly in the background. "Ah!! I just must be famous!"

"Oh! That reminds me!" A blonde woman came into the living room with a few cups of coffee. She placed them down on the table before turning to Y/N. "Morty has something he'd like to ask you."

Rick leaned forward and gripped Y/N's arm. The manner in which he squeezed her arm suggested annoyance and urgency.
"Uh... I'll be back in a moment, Mrs. Smith." She turned her sights to the Morty, patting his head. "Sit tight," she said, in a voice that suggested she felt as if she were talking to a child.
"U-u-Uh, okAy."

She inwardly rolled her eyes, but she caught Rick doing the same.
"Yeah, *burppp* yeah Morty keep it in your pants."

He took Y/N to the garage and let go. She leaned against the counter, in the exact manner and position she'd done many a time before. 

"So, where are we? I know we're not home, with Morty, like it's meant to be," she hissed.

"Dimension C-137. Nice, isn't it?" He gestured sarcastically.

"You're avoiding the question." But they both knew what she was asking. Rick didn't know how to answer that.

"Well, Y/N. You tell me, oh second-smartest-brain-in-the-universe bullshit."

"Third." She reminded him. "M-Morty's... not dead, is he?"

Rick silently pulled a small silver flask from his coat pocket. It was so cleverly hidden, you'd think he was using magic if you didn't know the exact coordinates he gotten it from.

"Know what, I think you should get close to the Morty here. That way my grandson can bang you, and you don't feel like there's something missing in your life. There are an infinite amount of Mortys. He's never going to be dead, truly."

Y/N bit her lip, unsure what emotion to feel. "I-I'm so sorry Rick. That you have to go through this every time. That you feel you need to replace somebody in your life with, well I suppose it's not a fake, but somebody that you haven't even shared the best memories with—!"

The loud thud caused her to jump. Rick had slammed her fist that contained the flask on the table.

"Like I said, just acquaint yourself with this Morty. God forbid he's the last one we know."

A shuffled noise came from the door, as Morty opened in. He stuck his head in. "A-ah, dinner is ready!"

Y/N glanced at Rick, before shifting her gaze to the Morty at the door. They do look alike after all. She carefully smiled and said, "Can I sit next to you?"

His face went red. "S-s-sure!"

Y/N gazed at the boy, with such close resemblance to him. She pecked Morty's cheek. Somehow, his cute reaction stirred something in her.

That night, Rick ate dinner in the basement.