Part 9

it is kinda long so have fun. I eventually gave up with the capitals in this                                        Still Colby's P.O.V.

"Colb's I think we're stopping. Why are we stopping?"

"I don't know Sammy. Just hold on, okay?"

"I don't like heights. you know that."

And it was true. Sam had - and still has - a terrible fear of heights. A result of an accident from back in high school not long after the two met. Some things having to do with the science building, bad parents, and how Sam met Jake. Well, formerly met Jake. (if you know which fic you have great taste) But that was all in the past.

He stopped thinking just in time to hear what sounded like Corey yell out, "Sort out your relationship". and then a "Bye!" from Elton. Oh god, Jesus fucking Christ they were screwed. (Can you tell I'm atheist lol)

"Co-Colb's? I don't like this. there isn't enough air. Colb's? Colb's, Colb's?"

"Hey, hey there Sammy come on it's okay. hey, hey, look at me. okay?" with reluctance Sam moved his head to look Colby in the eyes. He knew exactly what was going through his head. the two had never shared with anyone really what happened on the roof. only 3 people other than them would know. a firefighter, a friend of theirs at the time, and jake. God, Jake should know better.

sams tear-filled eyes met with ones that showed fear, fear that was quickly being pushed down. fear that wasn't allowed to surface. not until sam was okay. so that was what Colby did. pushed down his fear and calmed down sam.

meanwhile

Jake's P.O.V.

I was reluctant to leave them up there. The couple didn't know about what happened in high school. didn't know sams past, his thoughts, previous tendencies. but god he was being stupid. completely and utterly fucking stupid. Jesus christ this was dumb.

He couldn't help it though. He walked away with the other two and the manager. They played rounds of bumper cars, shot some hoops, even got to mess around with the batting cages. They were just moving to the mini-golf when Elton decided that after a few holes they would go get Sam and Colby.

a few holes turned into a few more. a few more into 18. 18 into round two - which went quick - and soon Jake forgot about his friends. not entirely. they were a lingering thought in the back of his head. just not a prominent one. his main thoughts were to beat Corey's ass at mini-golf.

Colby's P.O.V. (it's easier okay, you get sam next chapter, like a lot)

we sat up there for a while. After calming down, we were able to finagle ourselves so that Sam's head was on my arm, my arm around his back holding his other hand, and both of us holding onto our restraints for dear life.

"what's the plan for when we get down?" Sam said, breaking the calming silence. He sounded tired. Colby knew he wasn't sleeping well without his boyfriend by his side. He wasn't either. it was comforting and made things easier. they fit.

"I don't know, wing it?" he suggested.

"well we could do that but it doesn't work that well. How about staying 'mad'?"

" no, they'll send us back up again. How about this? we both agree that we have concluded to just be friends, ah ah" cut off sam before he was able to protest with his plan," but in the process avoid each other and make each other feel I don't know left out?"

"that sounds like a good plan."

"always with the tone of surprise."

"and people say I'm the nerd."

"You take that back!" he replied with a fake hurt in his voice.

"I don't think I will"

and with that Colby took his arm away from Sam. He looked down to see 4 people around the control panel.

"Hey Sammy, you ready?" he questioned pointing straight at the panel.

"I guess. let's get this show on the road."

I hope you enjoyed it. we'll see how their plan goes. tell me if you want them to continue the prank or what. I have no idea. but anyways I hope you liked this. The next one might have lots of angst so warning. The fic mentioned was multifandomgirl57's bad boy, not mine of course. I would kill for it though. it's really good and I recommend it. Anyways, guys keep living and stay safe.

- Alex