Chapter 1 (Edited)

Wei Ying could only see countless dead bodies around him. Blood was splashed on the ground, even beautiful flowers were drenched with blood removing little drops of blood that kept dripping from the leaves on the mud. Wherever Wei Ying's eyes could glance he could see corpses scattered on the battlefield, and between those dead bodies, the only few survivors who had survived stood with heavy hearts. 

“Wei Ying,” Lan Zhan consoled him even though his voice was shaking, “don't...don't cry.”' 

Wei Ying buried his head in his husband's shoulder, wrapping his arms around his alpha. He tried to take in his Alpha's scent to stop himself from crying, yet tears kept streaming down his face. "Lan Zhan, why-why did this have to happen to us? Everything was going so well until He came and destroyed everything...He destroyed our peaceful time, our happiness. He took them away, killed our 2 other 2 mates" Wei Ying sobbed, his trembling fingers wrapping around Lan Wangji’s arm. In return, Lan Zhan rubbed his back to soothe him despite a single tear running down his face. 

“Please, Mother,” Lan Sizhui and Lan Jingyi begged, “Listen to Father. Don't cry.”

“Uncle, please,” Jin Ling added, eyes red as he clutched onto Wen Ning, who stood behind the three juniors and looked at Wei Ying and Lan Zhan almost sadly. 

“How am I supposed to stop crying? He killed them…” Wei Ying replied shakily. “If only there was a way to go to the past and change everything, then this wouldn't have happened! No one would have died! Everyone would have been alive…”

"Uncle, we all know time-traveling is impossible. No one has ever succeeded, and I don’t think anyone will," Jin Ling reasoned amidst crying, his words crushing all the small hope  Wei Ying had in him.

Before Wei Ying or Lan Zhan could speak, a laugh came from behind them, “Impossible? Ha! Nothing in this world is impossible, my child.”

Everyone turned, only to see a young woman standing behind them. She was young, with long raven hair flowing in the wind and a mischievous grin on her face that was all too familiar to Wei Ying and Lan Zhan.

“Mother?” Wei Ying exclaimed, his eyes widening in shock. “Is that you?”

Hearing this, Sizhui and Jingyi looked at each other before returning their gaze to the woman standing behind them. “That’s our grandmother?” they both wondered. 

Everyone looked shocked. The cloaked lady was the famous Cangse Sanren, the disciple of the Immortal Baoshan Sanren and mother of Wei Ying? How was she alive? Didn't she die years ago? 

"Yes, it's me, A-Ying” Cangse Sanren said kindly. “I'm sorry it took me so long to come to you.” 

“How?” someone asked which was none other than Wen Ning.

She replied, "I know what you want to ask, and I will tell you everything, like how time-travel is possible, and many other things you don't know about A-Xian—“

Wei Ying opened his mouth to complain, but his mother glared at him and he immediately shut up. Wei Ying had many questions he wanted to ask, but it looked like he would have to wait. 

“—but before I answer your questions, we should move. After all, I can't have you all in clothes drenched in blood.”

Confused, the few people mounted their swords and followed after her wordlessly. Sometime later, all of them stood in front of a large temple on a tall, lush mountain. She entered one of the buildings for a short while, before poking her head out and gesturing to the crowd to enter.