Shadows

On short legs, Nick jogged away, his orange fur enticed my eye to follow. Even though I'd never admit it out loud he caught my interest, whether that was a positive or negative interest was yet to be seen. Instead of being allowed the time to consider my passion for this anthropomorphic character, I was being distracted by an ever persistent spiderman, who was only in his spandex without his mask. I was apparently the object of his affections as he wouldnt stop explaining the entire plot of I'm thinking of ending things, breathlessly, the way a child does. I was grateful for the company, though, if it would keep me away from Jughead who kept looking over his shoulder snarling more than any of the animal counterparts. I tried to dissociate from the tightness threatening my chest but all i was met with was questions of my own doing. Why me? Can I even do this? Who do I think I am? I think, what are they doing, my family or what's left of it, in the room on 30th street in the room I gave up, in the house I gave up and the rest of the people I gave up one.

The sound of creaking metal scraped against the concrete floors, and stole me from my thoughts. It was two doors. They opened into a spacious room, decorated in modern furniture and a cohesive color scheme. It was well put together and the space made a lot of sense except for the warrior cat shrine above the grand piano in the hallway. My eyes looked away and as I frantically tried to let them find something new, that's when I saw her. She was in her late thirties but had the body of an 18 year old glamour model. An almost perfectly proportioned woman, of average height, I must add that while articulating a completely intelligent thought, she is wearing an extraordinarily low cut shirt, and I can't help marvel at the contradiction. Realization hits me like a rock, "Mom?"