Chapter 56

Kiya King | KY |
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

I tossed and turned fighting the air as music blasted throughout the house. What in the fuck? I roughly fought the covers off me and went to the bathroom to take care of my morning hygiene. Once i was done i made my way to the den and seen Namir with his homeboys from yesterday sitting around vibing to the music.

"Namir." I called out and everybody adjusted their eyes toward me. Umm peek a boo bitch.

"Waddup."

"Can you turn this down?" I asked politely.

"My fault." He said turning it down.

"Whats your name again?" One of his friends asked.

"Kiya."

"Kiya." He repeated licking his lips as if he was trying to register it in his brain.

"Don't do it bruh." Somebody told him.

"What? I like what i see." Dude said still looking at me.

"Might wanna listen to friend, i gotta nigga and he a different breed for real." I said nodding my ahead agreeing with the friend who tried warning dude.

"Y'all can't have her anyway." Namir said mugging them.

"Been a big cousin fa 24 hours and don't know how to act." Dude told Namir.

"Not too much on him saweetie." I said shooing him away with my hands.

"Look at her captain save a nigga."

"Ima be captain whoop yo ass inna minute." I said mugging him.

"I see fighting runs in yo family." Dude to Namir. Fuck is they name?

"Fuck up." I said still mugging him.

"Fuck up? Who even says that?" Dude asked chuckling.

"Me, clearly." And my nigga.

"What that even mean?"

"Shut. The. Fuck. Up." I shrugged.

"Why not just say that then?"

"Why would you if you could just shorten it. Thats a waist of breath tryna say all them words." I shrugged.

"That's lazy." He said.

"Okay and your point is?" I asked before he could say anything i went back to the room to change my clothes. I went in my suitcase and put on some nike tights with a nike shirt before sliding my feet in my nike slides. I got the check call me nike yessirr. After i did my hair i walked out the room and went to Nari's.

"You woke?" I asked.

"Been up since them loud ass people been here." She sighed putting her slides on walking out the room, we both headed down to the den where the guys were.

"Yall finna go somewhere?" Namir asked.

"Im tryna see what the move is." I shrugged.

"Yall wanna go to Quarters?" He asked.

"This early?" I asked turning my lip.

"We can go later, we could go to golden carrol right now though." One of the dudes suggested.

"Cool, whats yall name?" I asked.

"Talik." The boy i was talking to earlier said.

"Quadell." One of em said.

"Keem." The other one said and i nodded.

"Cool, so we finna go right now?" I asked.

"Yeah, come on." Namir said turning his game off.