Friendship becomes love

(suggested by @Msharrypotterstwin)

You and Tom had been best friends since that summer day, where you two met at the beach and spent your months of vacations together.

Since that summer time, it all became even better. You were always hanging out with each other, and knew each other's familiy as your own... His family loved you, and yours loved him.

But, to be honest, when you were a teen and saw Spider-man Homecoming, you had the biggest crush on him. With time, all that crush thingy just disappeared.

Well, that was what you had always thought. But once, when you were at the movie theatre, watching a movie, you randomly imagined you two kissing. And each night, to fall asleep, you kept imagining how would it be; you two together... You kept telling yourself that you weren't in love with him, it was all fantasies... But you ended up realising what was obvious.

"Oh my god, I've fallen for him..." You mumbled one day, the realisation hitting you, all of a sudden. But, how would you tell him? Probably he didn't like you back. And it may ruin your friendship. This amazing friendship developed during years... You couldn't do that. So you'd keep your mouth shut.

Months later, you still hadn't told him anything. And you had been falling deeper and deeper for him. Each time he called you petnames, each time he hugged you, each time he was talking to you, each time he laughed... You just fell a little harder.

"Darling, you okay?" He once asked chuckling, when he caught you looking at him during way too much time.

"Yeah. I'm- I'm okay." You said. Soon you realised that it was the time for you to tell him the truth. Although it was scary. You just had to.

"Tom, there's something I haven't told you yet..."

"What is it, (y/n/n)?" He asked, oblivious to what would you say next.

"The truth is that I've been- I've been in love with you for some months now..." You shily said, expecting the answer. Tom looked at you and you saw a single tear falling down his cheek and before you could ask what happened, he kissed you passionately but at the same time softly; it was a kiss you had waited for several time. Instantaneously, you kissed him back.

"You don't know how many time I've been waiting for this." Tom said, catching his breath and putting his forehead against yours.

"Really?" You asked, so surprised.

"Yeah. I actually started falling for you the summer we met." He blushed as he said that.

"Oh god. And we're talking about this now." You two laughed.

"I think I've been in love with you for so long, but I noticed a few months ago. I- I didn't say anything because I thought it would ruin our friendship..." I confesed.

"Gee, y/n, of course not! Nothing could ruin our friendship. And if something ever happened, it would make us stronger, you know? And now that I know you love me back... I can't wait to take you on a proper date, and hopefully, on another then. I really can't wait."

"Me neither, Tommy."

"Then, what if we go on a date, tonight? Would you like that?" He asked, with his shining eyes.

"I wouldn't like anything more than that." You said, so madly in love.

Time flew by, and you had that date and so many more. Soon you were an official couple, and your families and friends completely loved that. They all assured that they had always known it, they knew you two would end up together. After some time, you got married and not so long after, you got pregnant of your twins, Noah and Alexander. And a couple of years after, the boys had a little sister, Maddie.

Telling Tom you loved him was the best thing you ever did, and, oh god, you couldn't imagine what would have happened if you hadn't.

•••••••••••••

I dunno if this is what you imagined @Msharrypotterstwin, I'm sorry if this wasn't what you expected! Feel free to PM me suggestions!