2

Luke

I carried the boy back to my house.

I mean I couldn't just leave him on this bridge could I?

And even if he was gonna wake up soon, he'd probably just go straight back to the railing.

He had such determination to end everything.

It's hard to end such determination but I at least have to try. I have to.

I shouldn't care this much, but I can't help it. If I allowed to let the demons inside of everyone kill them, without even trying to stop them, then I wouldn't have anyone.

Everyone would already be gone.

I'd be gone.

I placed the boy on the couch. I wasn't going to take him to the hospital. He seems fine, just unconscious. And hospitals are a synonym for hell.

He looked so peaceful from the outside, but I fear the way his eyes will look when they open.

He had some snow on his face, which I brushed off. Snow is great, but not when it's freezing you to death.

I didn't want to touch him too much. I'd leave his jacket on. I feared if I touched him he'd shatter into a million pieces.

So I left him on the couch and quickly went upstairs.

I opened a door and walked inside the dark room.

I walked to the side of the bed in the corner.

"Ash." I say.

"Ashton." I repeat.

"Get up." I say sternly, shaking him. I get a groan in response.

"Ashton come on I need your help." I sigh.

"What do you want it's 3am i'm tired." He mumbles, tiredly.

"There was a boy on the bridge, and now he's unconscious in our living room." I say, trying not to sound too worried.

"Are you okay? Are you having weird dreams again?" Ashton asks with a frown, rubbing his eyes.

"No Ash. I went to the bridge and there was a boy there standing on the railing. He was going to jump so I stopped him. He blacked out and now he's on our couch." I say quickly.

Ashton just blinks at me.

"What do I do?" I ask.

"I don't know. You're the one who brought him to our couch. Why didn't you just take him to the hospital? He needs help." Ashton says, in a more serious tone this time.

"Hospitals don't help. They just pretend to care until they are legally able to get rid of you." I say, with an angry tone.

"Okay, well I kind of need sleep to function, unlike you. So just wake me if you need me again." Ashton says, already starting to fall back asleep. I sigh.

"Okay." I mumble, walking out of the room and back down the stairs.

I walk back downside and see the boy still laying on the couch.

I've noticed he has dyed red hair.

I like it.

I shuffle to the wall next to the couch and let my back slide down it. I sit, leaning against the wall, and waiting for the boy to wake up.

It would've been more useful watching the boy if I were able to stay awake.

Michael

I wake up.