Chapter 1

Kurt looked at his wristwatch.

2:45.

He had exactly fifteen minutes to find somewhere.

Not nearly long enough. 

So he stuffed his hands in his pocket and raised his head to face the bitter cold wind that was coming at him in gusts. They were almost out. They were going to find him. Unless in fifteen minutes, a magic shelter appeared in the middle of this long since abandoned highway. But that was highly unlikely, and Kurt decided he might as well accept his fate. 

With that, he changed his pace from brisk to leisurely, rocking back on his heels and staring straight into the sky. Surely they hadn't ruined the stars yet. Surely there was something beautiful left in this world for Kurt to look at. Thoughts of pretty places brought thoughts of longing, and thoughts of longing brought tears to his eyes. He missed Blaine. More than he cared to admit. 

Shaking his head quickly as if it would dispel the thoughts from his head, he walked on. And on. And on.

He walked so long that he felt as if his legs were floating, detached from his tired body. It was nice not to feel the weight, the bricks that he felt had been weighing on his feet for weeks. 

Kurt started to wonder.

What would it feel like to fly?

Pretty freakin awesome. He knew. Because if he could fly, he could fly above them

Then he wouldn't die.

Glancing down at his watch again, he read the time with a wince.

2:56.

Nodding his head, pursing his lips, and ignoring the hot tears springing to his eyes, he kept walking to nowhere. 

At least I made it this far. 

At least he doesn't have to watch me die.

But despite his thoughts of optimism, he couldn't stop the what if's racing through his mind.

What if I would have stayed.

What if I would have listened to Blaine.

What if I would have told him I loved him.

What if I would have survived. 

Once more, he looked at his watch.

2:59.

He waited.

***

"These shirts aren't going to wash themselves, Blaine Anderson."

Blaine shot a glare at her.

"Go away."

She just laughed and a smirk settled on her face.

"Wow, good morning to you too Mr. Sunshine."

Blaine stayed in the same postion, arms crossed and a permanent scowl etched deep into his face. Just because Quinn could forget, he couldn't. 

Quinn crouched down in front of him until she was eye level, placing her hands on his kness. He didn't even look up at her. 

"Blaine, look at me." she insisted.

She gently tilted his chin up until his eyes met hers hesitantly, and a grin broke out across her face with a splash of sunshine.

"Well there your are. I missed those hazel eyes of yours."