Second Time's The Charm

I do not own the characters. They're the CBS and the writers' intelectual property.
It's the "first" time I write a fanfic, so please be nice haha I'm kidding, constructive critics and comments are very much appreciated! Hope you enjoy it and let me know what you think!

The summer time was just around the corner and that means Callen and the team would have a month and half for their own, with no cases or people shooting at to bother them. They'd still have to fill paper work, but it was the least of their problems. Well, Callen preferred to be at work on the field other than filling paper work, though.

The sun was rising and they all headed to ops for their last work day, before the summer break.

"So, does anybody have plans for summer?" Deeks was the one to ask, in order to get his colleagues out of the computers and the whole typing thing. Sam was the first to answer.

"I'll be traveling with the kids, spend more quality time with them, while they're having time off as well."

"Well, I've got no plans. Think I'll keep doing what I do normally." said Callen with a light smirk.

"Really, what about Anna? Don't... Don't you have plans together?" while asking, Deeks looked at Sam, in surprise. Callen felt a little uncomfortable with that question, especially because they were at work, but he kept his light smile on and proceeded to answer him.

"Uhm... We're not... We didn't plan anything. In fact, we haven't seen each other in a while, since that complication, shall I say, got on board."

"You mean the ATF investigation?"

"Yes... There you go."

"I thought you were on her side." this time Sam stepped in the conversation.

"And I am. God, I have always been. I even went to interrogation, as you all know, but the guys don't seem to come to a conclusion and the more time it passes, the more complicated it is for her to regain her professional reputation. Also, with all the repercussions it had in her life, she stepped away a little. To think, I guess."

"Trouble in paradise." Deeks remarked.

"Deeks..." Kensi replied.

"At this point, I don't really know what our status is, if you want me to be honest." The three of them were quite surprised and didn't know what to say.

"*whistles* New case on deck, let's go!" Callen felt very relieved to hear Eric's whistle.

"C'mon, man" Sam encouraged Callen with a friendly squeeze on his friend's shoulder.

The case was like many others- ordinary. There was a leak involving some navy information that brought two admirals on board, in a case that could seriously threaten national security. In between, one of the admirals was killed, just so he would not give anything away, but the team managed to arrest the other one and eventually the guy confessed the crime.

***********

Despite it being a hard working case, the day went by pretty quick. They were packing their bags before finally leaving ops, when Hetty noticed they were just about to leave and invited Eric and Nell to come down before she approached the other four.

"Now that we're all reunited here, and before you all head out of that door, I'd like to give you a few words." They stopped what they were doing and stood next to each other. "Well, I'd like to congratulate you on another successful year of work. It's true that there were some high danger cases and moments, but you all overcame them, with that strength of a wonderful team that you are. May you have a joyful summer and some deserved rest as well. I'll see you in two months, ladies and gentlemen."