The Memories

Dylan's POV

I don't understand how Violet can just look at me and not remember anything that happened between us. She must've forgotten everything after she died in the car accident...right? Every time she looks at me I get this feeling, the one I did the first time I saw her. Violet's beautiful brown hair and hazel eyes can really take your breathe away. I'm getting off track though, she's not all that good though and I know things that you wouldn't ever want to know. Since Violet doesn't remember let me tell you about her past. It all started when she walked through the door on the first day of high school. Violet dropped all her books and stumbled onto the desk, of course this super muscular jock helps her. As soon as I saw her I knew it, the was the girl I would date all throughout high school..even marry. Of course this is in my head so she probably didn't even notice me. I remember that first class I couldn't keep my eyes off her, like they were glue stuck to a paper. Violet wore a dress with a little jacket over it, I remember every single detail on that dress. For about half the year I didn't say a single word to her, psh I was event scared to ask for a pencil or paper. This may sound weird but I decided to follow her home from school one day. I had this all planned out, I would give her this rose I "borrowed" from the grocery store. Plus the Rose was the color Violet like her name. Violet stopped before crossing the street so that's when I gave her the flower. She stared at me and said, I em ever her exact words "Did Kent(the jock) give this to you to send to me?" Of course I was so sad she said that but I replied "No, this rose is..f-from me. Did u get my name by the way? It's Dylan. Dylan O'brien." way back then my heart was pounding. "Well I'm flattered but I have a boyfriend." said Violet. That was it, my heart dropped and it was all over. Let's just say Violets boyfriend was just like my dad, abusive and she would always hurt herself and I hated it! After 6 months they broke up and we started to hang out. Soon I found out all violets fetishes and what music she liked basically everything. Didn't I say something about Violet being a little devious too though? Well here's what we did together...snuck into movies(yeah not admission paid), she taught me how to steal, told me how to hack into vending machines at school, and even how to kiss. The worst thing we ever did was go to the beach at midnight and take one of the motor boats for a ride. Even during the time we were together, she still hurt herself. Right before she went on that trip with her to visit her grandma, she said she had to move and we wouldn't work out. Then on top of that Violet was diagnosed with brain cancer, hence forgetting me. Anyways I was so depressed and my parents were so rude to me, I just had enough. Yes, I killed myself for Violet...mostly. That's how I'm in this hospital right now, where my parents took me before I fully died and bled out. Now ever since I died I have these weird visions of Violet but I guess she doesn't remember me. Back to now though, Violet is just staring at me blankly like she doesn't know a thing.

Violets POV

I looked at Dylan not knowing what he was thinking, but he was so adorable and shy...why did he say I did something to him? All I know is I'm stuck in this dumb hospital and he knows the way out but won't tell me! I start to walk away from the stairwell when Dylan break the silence saying "I loved you so much that you killed me, well me killing myself..." This confuses me and I don't understand. "What do you mean Dylan? I have no idea who you are. Your just a stupid ghost stuck in this hospital with me. LEAVE ME ALONE, YOU ARE NO HELP AT ALL." Dylan looks hurt by this and says "You loved me before, before you had brain cancer and forgot everything." Wait I know I had brain cancer but not that I forgot everything, how come I still remembered my brother and family? Why was Dylan the only one forgotten? I hated myself, but what if he wasn't telling the truth? Dylan started to inch closer to me while we were on the stairs, some doctors walked past us like we were nothing...again. Dylan's hand brushed up against my face and he leaned towards me then whispered "Stop and think..think of when we first kissed. In your room with the stuffed animals on your bed, you said we would be forever. After the kiss, I turned your wrist over and saw the little cuts you made on yourself. I thought it was beautiful, it would heal right? You didn't care though. You have to remember when I put my hand through your hair and embraced your small body." Dylan said this in such I crisp tone..deep voice, my legs probably were shaking right now. "Nope. Nothing. I don't remember you or any of it. Dylan just leave me alone."

Okay guys so I'm not really getting as many reads as I would like but that's okay! Please leave comments the story and tell me what you would like to see next, it helps! Sorry this took so long but I wanted this chapter to be very descriptive and telling you guys about Violet's past.

Bye for now!

-Chelsea