Wish

Another day, another... yeah. School was uneventful with the normal ass holes and morons making my life miserable, Dad was passed out drunk at four in the afternoon, and mom was out with one of her many boyfriends. After a day like this I do the only thing that will help me forget my troubles, videogames.

I walked over to the small entertainment center next to my door and contemplated my many options.
"Let's see, my PS4? Naw I beat all of those games," I thought out loud, "My 3DS? Only one that seems appealing is animal crossing but I want to save my drive to play the series when New Horizons finally ships. Wii U? Same problem as the PS4... Well maybe splatoon, but I have the second one on the switch. You know what? I'll play that."

I turned on my switch and TV, making sure the right cartridge was in along the way, and sat down to actually enjoy myself.

The game started up like it always does with Pearl and Marina doing the news. Humpback pump track and moray towers were the stages for turf war while shelendorf industries and ancho-v games were the the stages for ranked, which was splat zone this time. I stopped paying attention after that due to the fact I don't play league and ran straight for the lobby. I wasn't hungry so I just played regular and ranked the rest of the evening until I went to bed.

As soon as I turned off my stuff I could hear my parents fighting again, I didn't even notice that my mom was home, but at this point I've learned how to tune them out and sleep through it.

By the time my parents stopped fighting, I could feel myself starting to drift off, but before I did, I made a wish.
"I wish I lived in Inkopolis. I could play turf war, become an agent, rise in the ranks, and maybe even get some friends." And with that, I fell asleep to the uncomfortable silence in the house, praying for a way out.

353 words, I know it's a little short but this is just the intro. In case it wasn't clear this is from the reader's POV and if you don't identify as male you can put any name you want, hell even if you do identify as male you don't have to use your name, pick any name you want. If you guys have any constructive criticism/advice or even suggestions on how the story should go I'd love to hear. The only thing I ask if you do is please be respectful, I want to turn writing into my career so I want to get good at it. Hope you guys like my story, I've got nothing better to do right now so I'll go ahead and start the next chapter. 😁