Chapter 1: The Beginning

1 year ago

Sashi laughed, throwing her head back to her brothers joke.

"And that's how someone found out that cows can be milked!" He threw his hands in the air, but not before popping another piece of popcorn into his mouth with a laugh.

Tariki kicked her feet slowly back in forth in the air, lying on the ground. In her hand was a black pencil, making dark, thick lines on a yellowish piece of parchment.
Her right hand held up her head as she drew, making her arm fall asleep.
A small smile recided along her lips as she focused on her pencil.

"Tariki!? We're you listening?" Harkai asked his younger sister, as he threw a piece of popcorn at her.

She huffed flicking it off of her parchment, before it left a grease stain.
"I was listening. I just didn't find it very funny." She sighed, her chin moving her arm and whole head as she spoke.

"That's cause you don't have a sense of humor, lame o'!" Sashi joked and sat up on the dark brown couch, throwing her hands on her knees.
"Whatcha drawing anyway?" She asked, sliding down the couch and onto the carpeted floor, inspecting her sisters drawing.
"Oh... nothing!" Tariki gasped, picking up her drawing quickly and sitting up as fast as her arms propelled her.
"Nothing..." She sighed, her arms holding up her paper and the book she was drawing on.

Her breathing was rather fast, and her brother grew suspicious.
"Tariki, what is it~?" He asked with a curious voice.
"Uh... Uh..." She stuttered, quickly thinking up a lie.
"A gift for... You! You and Sashi... That's why you can't look!" She said, twisting her body away from the older sister that was still trying to peek.

"Little sister, you know you can't lie. Come on, we won't tell Mom and Dad." Harkai told her, holding his long fingered, lightly tanned hand out.
She trembled, tears slightly filling her hazel eyes. Tariki sighed shakily, and handed the drawing to her older brother upside-down.
He took it, and flipped it, revealing a drawing of Tariki and an unknown male, hugging, with their foreheads together.

The tears had now disappeared from the youngest sisters face but she still shivered.

"Tariki, may I ask who this is?" Harkai sounded sweet and understanding, even though she hadn't said anything.
Sashi had now made her way back onto the comfy couch, scooting towards her brother to see it.

"My... Friend." She replied plainly.

"Friend." Her sister replied in the same tone.

Tariki simply nodded.

"I beg to differ..." Harkai sighed, handing the drawing to Sashi so she could see it.

A tear silently rolled down Tariki's rosy cheek. She sighed sadly, taking her legs out from under her and sitting criss cross.
"He's... My... My boyfriend." Tariki told them.

Sashi's face was priceless, her mouth split open slightly, however, Harkai's was rather sweet. A small smile drew across his face as he slid to the floor, pulling Sashi along.

"Tariki, there was no need to lie. Your secret is safe with us, no need to cry either." He smiled and rubbed her arm. She looked up at him with a smile as he handed back her paper and book.

But right as she took it, that's when the first sound was heard.

A loud, screech-like whistle was buzzing through the air. Harkai jumped up, going to the nearest open window and looking out.

A light, orangish in color was seen, heading down towards Earth in the distance.
Harkai followed it with his eyes, before turning away as it hit the ground, a blinding white light pierced the evening sky, followed soon by a loud boom.

He turned back towards the outdoors, only to see a large mushroom cloud appear on sight.

"KIDS! UNDERGROUND, NOW!" Their Dad's yelling came from the back of the house.
Tariki clenched her drawing to her chest as she made her way first, running as fast as her feet could carry her.
Sashi turned her now scared and shocked face towards her brother as he slammed the window shut, shaking the glass that was in between him and outside. "Go!" He half yelled, pointing to where he heard his dad's voice.
She hesitated, grabbing the few belongings she saw immediately and ran to the back of the house.

Harkai stood there, taking one last look at his beloved home, remembering the memories that his family once shared.

Grabbing his most prized possession, he took off to the back.

He struggled with the heavy object to get it to the shelter, but managed to get to the hatch, a few yards away from their house.
"Dad! Help, please get this down there!" He begged, handing his father it through the small opening. "Is Doro down there already?" He asked, looking at his house for any extra movement.
Their mother held up the small black Chihuahua to reassure him.

Another whistling noise broke into the air. Harkai wearily looked into the sky, and devastatingly enough, the orange light was heading right in their direction.

"HARKAI, NOW!" His father screamed again, snapping Harkai back into reality. He looked down into the hole and hesitated, rembering the other piece to his object.

"Father, I will be back." He kneeled down to the opening, as his father looked infuriated.
"You will do no such thing! Get down here, before it's too late!" He yelled at his only son, just before Harkai took off back towards their home, running back to the key.

The key was the only way they would know what to do.

Running to the door, he bursted into the house, sprinting at fast as he could to his room.
He slid to the doorway, eyes lying immediately on his dresser top, but nothing shiny came to his crystal blue eyes.

He froze. Where did it go? How did it disappear!? He breathed quickly, scouring his room for the silver key. How could it just disappear like that!?

Those were the few questions that went through his head before it hit.

Their dad had shut the hatch before it could reach the small town, all of the family in tears.

The eldest brother felt nothing.

With the contact of the Earth and the missile, everything on the surface of the Earth in the area that was living, perished.

****************

A/N!
(Phew! That was a rush!
I hope you like the first chapter to
The Legacy~!
Please, vote if you liked and leave feedback if you enjoyed!
Id love to hear what y'all think!
But as for now, see y'all in the next chapter! :3)

[Total words
1110]