jasons temporary death

It was 4:28am in the titans tower. The halls were quiet, the only noise being the occasional snore from one of the rooms. It seems like only yesterday when the all the team moved back in... well, almost all the team. Jason's whereabouts and online presences were still untraceable and nobody had heard from him in nearly a year.

It was odd, Jason was often seen as the outgoing one, the person who didn't care, the person who had no doubts. Little did the team know, jason had many doubts. Be it his place in the team, his place in his family and even his place in the world. He was riddled with self loathing and insecurities that if you even feel the tiniest amount of empathy towards him, he'd think it was pity and call himself weak.

It was the next morning when a video got sent through the tower. It was a strange one at that. Dick hesitantly pressed play from his seat in the living room.

The video pans out in a plain room with an unconscious Jason tied down on a table. His costume was heavily damaged, bullet holes decorated the front like sequins but it was clear that they didn't hurt him, judging by the bullet proof vest peeking through the damages. His face looked pale and fragile, like a porcelain doll. His hair was a dark red and matted together, obviously indicating he had some form of head wound and possibly a concussion.

The video stayed on that scene for at least 5 minutes before jason started to wake up. He tried moving his arms, he was unable to. He tried moving his legs, he was unable to. He tried moving his head, he was unable to. Every part of his body was attached to this table. Jason's eyes widened in horror as he realized the scenario he was in. He was falling again but only this time in a metaphorical sense. He pulled his right arm up violently, hoping to loosen the leather bounds...

why had dick only just realized there was leather bound. Were the others watching this too? Did they notice the leather? Why was this significant? He pressed pause, not even 10 minutes in and his guilt was controlling him. He didn't pick up the video until the late evening.

Gar was in his room when he was sent the video, his eyes widened with horror as Jason pulled his right arm up violently, hoping to loosen the leather bounds only to be administered an electric shock. Jason was quick to obey, he must have matured during his time gone.

A man stepped out from behind the camera, his green hair dangerously contrasted to the white surrounding. His purple suit was obviously hand made and the flower in his pocket was from a joke shop.

"Ah, welcome boys and girls to the event of the year! The death of boy wonder himself! I present to you our star of tonight's performance... Robin!"

His voice was sickening to listen to, gar also paused the video but didn't continue watching it.

Rose was searching for Jason and she had found him... but not in the way she expected. Her entire demeanor changed, her back had tensed, her eyes went wide and her face turned stone cold as the mysterious figures voice echoed.

"That's right! The greatest show in all of Gotham is being brought to you live from a secr-" "FUCK YOU ASSHOLE!" Jason's voice cut through his monologuing, filled with hatred and disgust she couldn't dream being aimed at herself. She silently noted down that it was live when filmed, she wasn't sure where though but she had a start.