Apartment Life

Raven~

Somebody is in denial I see.. silently laughing, as I watched Ash ran away. I wasn't gonna play matchmaker...yet.

Taking a air mattress and a couple of small boxes from Metallica I slowly made my way to...where ever the hell Ash ran off to.

Ash~

While exploring the complex, I just happened to find our apartment number.

" Six sixty-seven"

"Here it is " I declared to myself as I stuck the key into the lock and entered our new home.

Settling down the items I grabbed from the Chevelle, I made my way through the apartment until I found our pre-shipped boxes of random household items.

Ripping one open, I found my Hello Kitty toaster, my purple ukulele, and a ton of Top Ramen. Setting it to the side, I heard a string of random curses in Spanish outside the door.

"You really want these neighbors to judge us so quickly?" I hissed as I opened the door and dragged Raven in.

"Well maybe I wouldn't have said anything if i knew where I was going! And I couldn't give a damn, if these people want to judge me. They don't even know me"

Setting her items she brought from Metallica and taking a seat on the floor, she questioned.

"So when are we unpacking all this crap?" as she kicked one of the duct taped clad of a box.

"Right now, I guess, hopefully by tonight we'll finish"

"Well, lets get to it" she said excitedly, already grabbing the box cutters.

"Uh, Ill take those" carefully taking the cutters from her tiny hands. It was gonna be a very very long night.

After tearing open boxes after boxes of essentials, we finally finished. All my artwork was hung, Ravens endless supply of cereal was in the kitchen and my sound system is now tucked away in the corner ,but we were missing one thing. FURNITURE. A air mattress and two Gothic style end-tables and a LED lantern was all we had.

"Guess who is going into Target with me!" I exclaimed

Groaning with frustration, Raven threw herself on the giant air mattress. Walking over, I kicked her side of the mattress.

"We're not going until tomorrow of course, its well past twelve, unless you'd like to look like a little creep."

"Well, worry about it tomorrow, I'm tired. You should be too."

"Fine, fine Ill sleep, Mom." crawling next to her on the opposite side.

"Goodnight" I yawned, as I switched off the lantern.

Awakened suddenly by my iPhone, I glanced at my cracked screen checking the time. Today i was determined to have a beautiful apartment by the end of the day. Rising from the mattress, I peeked over my shoulder to find Raven sprawled across the carpet. Stepping over her, I grabbed one of my boxes and made my way to the bathroom. Shortly after I threw on a Slayer tee and some faded black( practically grey) ripped jeans.

"Raven, I'll be back later! Don't kill anyone while I'm gone!" A muffled noise is her response as I grab my ratty messenger bag and slam the door. Lost in thought, I floated down the stairs, not aware that I was inches from knocking myself into a tower of band equipment.

"You should pay more attention to your surroundings", a throaty voice scolded me from behind. Not missing a beat, I smiled sweetly and I replied " Excuse me, this equipment is practically in the way of the stairs. Which isn't my fault now, is it?"

Before he could reply, I walked over to Metallica and started the engine without another word.