Aryana

Aryana thought it was just a simple storm, a casual rainy night showering the bountiful island where they found home, but then, huge lightnings struck their boat and another almost hit their small hut, she worried they might need to run immediately to the comfort of the nearby boulder caves. But she can't bear waking up her father who is already dead asleep. 

Tatay Guido, a widower for 10years, mostly do the housechores nowadays. His day starts with collecting firewood and boiling hot water for their breakfast to fishing and farming the whole day. It was never that hard for them before, but when her wife passed away and only her 85 year old mother Apo Ingkang and Aryana on his team, no son to help them, the burden was left on his shoulders to protect and provide for their family.

Seeing this, even in her early young years, she understood that her family needs her help in the island. So she set aside her dream to pursue a career in the village and stayed with her family. 

That was one of the problems of our dear Aryana, she is the independent daughter who does things her way but if that thing means choosing between her happiness and her family's happiness, she'll undoubtedly give way and sacrifice her own happiness.