Chapter 2

Dipper awoke the next morning to a ungodly shriek. He rushed out side and what awaited him was not a sight that he was ready for.

He froze. He wasn't able to move a muscle, his sensitivity to everything had skyrocketed. They were here. It's happening again. That's all he could thank of. A siren with a golden tail was before him. His sharp talons covered with blood.

Dipper awoke from that horrendous dream in a cold sweat. He was shaking. Dipper sat on his bed for awhile before getting up and drifting through his house. When he was calm enough he went to work, like any other day. He sat at the library's desks, surrounded with guppies, reading them stories, ones of fiction and ones with value.

By the end of the story book he was reading Pacifica had arrived at the library. She waved Dipper to come towards her. "Hey brother-in-law."

"Hey, I heard the news, Mable doing okay?"

"She sure is, I told her to stay at home.and rest, only three months till we get to meet our guppy, I hope they will have a beautiful tail like Mable."

Pacifica talked in a soft tone, her eyes sparkling in the clear blue water as she talked about her spouse. Pacifica always had a tough and mean look to her, and she was very beautiful, with her strong light blue tail with purple tints, but whenever she talked about Mable, it was as if the world had stopped. Pacifica's true beauty shines the most at those times.

"Well make sure she dosent do anything to crazy, and I'm sure your gup will have a magnificent tail with you two as its parents."

"Yeah, I only hope that they beat you."

"I'm nothing special."

"Okay, Dip, that's a lie and you know it. Your tail is the most gorgeous out of everyone in the Falls tribe." Pacifica stated with a stren look crossing g her features.

It was true. Dipper Pines was known throughout the entire tribe for having the most magnificent blue tail. It would shine like the waters under starlight, and you would catch a glimmer whenever you passed. The many blues, all mixed together, perfectly creating an ombre. These were only the colors though, the shape was perfect, the end of Dippers tail fins being big and beautiful, whilst he had flowing fins around the base of his tail.

Dipper blushed. He knew it was true, but that didnt mean he liked it. He wasnt much for attention, and that's what his tail gave him alot of.

"Well anyway, I came here to tell you that Mable wants to dress you up a little after work, she set a date up with you and that blowhard Gideon, I hope you survive this Dip."

"What the actual hell! I told her no!" Dipper was fuming. He hated Gideon, and just like Pacifica said, he was a blowhard.

"She just wants you to be happy y'know, it's been awhile since you've dated anyone Dippy, just, humor her for me? Please?"

Dipper let out a loud and aggravated sigh. He hated his sister for this exact reason, but he loved her and his sister-in-law.

"Fine, but I'm telling you it's going to go bad. Gideon is a stuck up, he dosent have any respect towards mermaids, only how good their tail is."

"Well of course but y'know Mable doesn't see it that way. Anyway I'm off to my wife, I need to feed her before she tries to make anything herself, see ya Dip."

Pacifica swam away, the light slightly catching her tail and making it shine. Dipper went back to work for the rest of his shift, dreading for what came after.