Prolouge (Young Adrien)

"What do mean she disappeared? My wife was with me the whole time!" Father was getting angry, and I didn't know why.
   "Father?" He angrily looked at me.
   "What do you want?" I could feel my lip quivering.
   "W-wheres Mother?" He almost slapped me, until he remembered that Officer Roger was in front of him.
   "Go to your room." I nodded and ran upstairs.
   "Sir, we are investigating now. Mayor Bougoueis has sent out an alert to all the families in Paris. For now, all we can do is wait." Officer Rogers left and I ducked into my room, locked the door, and ran to get my phone. I grabbed it, and ran out my window to Marinette's house. She was the only friend I had. When her dad saw me, he immediately opened the door and led me to her room. Marinette was on her bed, and I ran in to hug her. She immediately reciprocated it, knowing everything going through my head. I cried into her shoulder, not keeping track of time. She just rubbed my back and said comforting words. Marinette's parents were like my adopted family, I went over so often. Marinette and I did everything together, for as long as I can remember. We were best friends. When my Mother was talking my Father out of his drunken, abusive state, I would run out my window and over to Marinette's house. I had the route memorized, out the window, on the roof, across the top of my neighbor, and onto Marinette's balcony. I didn't realize it was night until I felt the both of us fall asleep.