Breakfast

But if I hadn't fallen, I wouldn't have met you- Hush Hush

Luce is late to class on her second day at Sword and Cross.

I quickly rush outside before bumping into something hard and strong

I quickly rush outside before bumping into something hard and strong. I quickly gaze at Cam to see my body pressed against his. His arms snaking around my waist. I didn't even know him yet his touch was comforting.

"Hey new girl pretty eventful few days you still planning your escape" Cam says grinning deviously.

"Maybe" I say flashing him a smile.

"You want some breakfast" cam asks raising the coffee cups and brown paper bag to eye view.

"We have class Briel, we're going to be late" I say dragging his arm with me.

He stops me holding my arms locking eyes with me. His eyes were of one who loves deeply. If it were anyone else I would drop my gaze, but with him I'm drawn in closer, always wanting more.

"It's better never than late" he says quickly.

"Fine Briel" I say teasingly.

We both sit down on the stone stairs taking in the view. The sun set behind the horizon cascading a prim bombardment of colours that were flung over the sky with terrible alacrity. The receding blue and oranges battled the blackness pushing it away with arms. The radiant glow scintillated and beamed: the legacy of the sun. It was beautiful especially with Cam.

I take the coffee drinking it quickly and relishing the flavour.

"Where did you get this from?" I ask curious.

"I stole it from the faculty lounge. They have a pretty decent expresso machine" cam says grinning while drinking his coffee freely.

"You're incorrigible" I say.

"That's what they tell me" cam says.

"You don't agree" I reply looking at him intently.

"I just know what I like" cam says his eyes fixed in a contemplative expression.

"And you don't mind breaking the rules to get it" I say.

"If the risk is worth the reward I don't see why not" cam says his arms stretched to my right side reaching the paper bag jam packed with Pan eu chocolates. I flinched at his close contact he was doing this purposefully.

Cam bites into the chocolate pastry clearly enjoying the taste. He looked so happy, free and relaxed.

I quickly take his chocolate pastry and devour the whole thing casting Cam a devious smirk before running away"

"You are going to pay for that" Cam shouts before running after me playfully.

I laugh loudly as I run faster but Cam was getting closer and closer his arms stretching out so could grab me.

I was his prey and he was a predator.

Before I knew it Cam grabs me pushing us both down to the ground. Cam was on top of me glancing into my eyes. His eyes sparkled amusement and a dance played on his lips.

I didn't have a crush on Cam i loved him with a passion hotter than a thousand suns. He was the one. I knew it. He was all that was in my mind.

He watched her like she had the stars in her hands and soft petals at her feet.

A smile crept and the air grew thick with a tenderness that couldn't help but make him breathe slower, deeper, happier. So someone was after his heart yet again.

Cams eyes fell to my lips.

"You have some chocolate here" cam says before wiping the corner of my mouth with his thumb and then licking the chocolate.

I stared at him with a stunned response.

"That was delicious" cam says before standing up and offering me his hand to get up.

But I refused. He could not just do that and not kiss me?

I dragged him back down glancing at his lips and cam registered what I was thinking.

He kissed her and the world fell away. It was slow and soft, comforting in ways that words would never be. His hand rested below her ear, his thumb caressing her cheek as their breaths mingled. She ran her fingers down his spine, pulling him closer until there was no space left between them and she could feel the beating of his heart against her chest.