"The Part and Growing Apart"

Finals College

We were busy making our Papers for our finals. As for Logan we were still close and sometimes the 5 of us would spend the night at one place and binge watch Ryan Murphy series, and guess what It has been almost more than a month since they told me 3 Days after they'll announce, as for my visa, I already got it 3 weeks after my audition at Solaire, we were all so happy, but at some point I was still hoping..til April 14 came.

April 14 , 2020- 2pm

We were in the library.

Me thinking of ways how to present our thesis enthusiastically.

Clark having a quick nap despite him playing COD the whole night after reviewing his part.

Hailey relaxing and just reading the paper and as for Arianna well...she proof reads the paper and tells us if we have any loop holes that our instructors might see as an opportunity to bomb us with a lot of questions.

"Hailey, what time is our thesis defense?" I asked.

"3 PM" she replied.

"we better get going by 2:30 then.." I said.

"Clark.." Arianna said.

"Clark, wake up... we're about to defend our thesis.'' She added.

"Fix yourselves, go to the bathroom.." Hailey said.

As we went to the bathroom and fixed ourselves for about 6 minutes.

around 3PM, we we're called inside.

as the doors closed, we all knew that the pressure is real.

20 minutes inside, defending the questions asked to our group. The Panelist decided...

Miss Thersel (Economics Prof)- "Well I may say that we've decided.. that this defense and paper has been well written and that you all have knowledge about it.so we'll give you a grade of.."

Me sweating, heart pounding..

"..a final grade of.. 1.00..a perfect score!" Miss Thersel announced.

We all lost our grip of ourselves and we shouted while tears were running down our cheeks as we hugged each other.

as Miss Thersel added "Congratulations for your grades... and one more thing...Peyton, we've heard about the news..we hope you do well.."

as the panelist left the room.

we continued shouting and gasping for air.

as the craziness was happening...my laptop notified as same as my phone.

knowing that the laptop had notified first, I checked that one first.

It was from Gmail...

I opened the email that says..

"Dear Mister Peyton, Denver Louis

We are pleased to inform you that you have been selected as one of the people who made the final cut. And we are sorry if this took months, for the Broadway Casting Directors re-scheduled their visit. Your Schedule and time is stated below. Please bring your Card and bring 1 Head Shot, 1 body shot and a summary of your resume, your passport/visa and prepare around 6-10 minutes of presentation composing of 16 Bars and ofcourse yourself. Congrats.

Audition- Auditionee No.1

Where- Solaire Theatre, Manila

When- April 16, 2020, 10 AM