Chapter 1: I Got A Call

The phone rang; and kept ringing until I ran into the kitchen and answered it. I stood there after I said hello and hung up the phone. I was in disbelief it wasn’t true, what I had just been told was a lie and a cruel prank put on by some kid. But I knew it wasn’t, I rested against the fridge looking down at my hand as they became shaky. Tears welled up in my eyes and started to fall to the ground. I slid down the fridge slowly; I could hear nothing but my short and weak breaths. I touched the ground my sight now completely blurred. I threw my face into my eyes and started to bawl with no letting up.

            The call had one basis to it, boo was dead. I didn’t know what to do I wanted to sit here on the floor and cry forever, I didn’t want to move, I would hurt to much I feel like I would fall apart like a Lego tower that tips over. But how are you supposed to feel when you hear that your child is dead, what are you supposed to do. Your life hits a wall you stop everything, you’re brain dead. I stood up and I felt light headed; I had to catch myself on the counter, I felt sick I ran over to the sink and threw up everything I had eaten in the last day. I walked over to my phone and picked it up, I pressed the voice recognition button.

             “Call Jordan,” I said.

The phone started to ring and Jordan answered. “Hey Aureylian,” he said.

“Jordan,” I said crying.

“Aureylian what’s wrong,” he said.

“Boo, she … she’s dead Jordan,” I said breaking down once again.

“What, what happened,” he said loudly.

“She got hit by a bus pulling out of the school,” I said in between sobs.

“Oh god, how did you find out” he asked.

“I got a call,” I bawled.