Chapter Four

I jumped awake as Josh threw his bag on the table and slid into the seat next to me. "What the-" I mumbled l looking round the table as everyone grabbed a seat. It was Monday and we were all in elements class.

"Whats up?" Josh laughed sliding his coffee cup towards me.

"Didn't sleep well last night" I answered, slipping the coffee.

"Well or at all" Matt countered chuckling as he sat down with his bowl of water.

I pulled a face at him and laid my head back down on the desk. "Nightmares have been non stop lately" I grumbled as a shiver ran down my spine. Josh stripped himself of his jacket and placed it over my shoulders. "How was your weekend?" I asked, lifting my head and resting my chin on my arms.

"I mainly worked on my essays" Myah said making shapes with the dirt she was using. "Heard about your teleportation trip" she laughed.

I groaned and sat up. "Yeah that was great fun" I laughed.

"Wait what?" Lauren laughed sitting forward.

"Yeah one second she was there" Josh laughed. "Then I was picking her up in the middle of the city centre with no shoes on" everyone laughed.

"Not funny" I swatted his shoulder. "But yeah my powers have been acting a bit strange" the class started and everyone started going about their work. I finished off an essay I had for my next class and then sat in a daydream, the talking around me turning to a low buzz.

"Alex?" Josh pulled me from my daydream with the urgency in his voice. I looked at him confused. "What are you doing?" I gave him a funny look. He raised his eyebrows. "Alex you're making everything float"

I looked at the table and true enough everything on the table and the table was hoovering a foot off the ground. I looked around the room and things on other tables were starting to shake. I quickly shut it off. "I didn't even realise I was doing it" I looked at Josh. "did anyone else notice?"

Lauren quickly shook her head using her power. "No one knew it was you, they just thought someone was messing around" she whispered.

I nodded, I quickly took off Josh's jacket and handed it back to him and stood up. "Where are you going?" he asked, taking the jacket.

"I need to go speak to Elder Hamilton," I said, picking up my bag.

They all gave me surprised looks "It's impossible to get to Hamilton, no one ever gets to see him. He's like the oldest Elder" Josh said, completely surprised.

"He is the Oldest Elder Josh, He was the first Elder ever" Matt corrected. "What makes you think you'll be allowed to see him"

"I'm not giving him the choice" I stated as I walked towards the door. I ignored the teachers calls as I stalked out the room.

I was just reaching the reception of the college when Josh caught up with me. "What's going on?" he asked, keeping pace with me. I shrugged as I reached the car park. He caught me by the elbow and pulled me to a stop. "Alex, you're crying!"

"I don't know," I exclaimed. "It's been happening all weekend and the-" I stopped looking away.

"The what?" he asked quietly.

I looked around at him. "I keep having this nightmare. Always the same one. There's this man and he's-" I stopped choking on the fear of the man in my dreams.

"Show me," he whispered, holding out his hand. Josh's telepathy only worked through touch when he wanted it too.

"I can't, not here" I looked around and grabbed Josh's hand and dragged him towards my car. I jumped in the driver's side and sat my head against the steering wheel waiting for Josh to get in the passenger side. He sat quietly waiting for me. I breathed a heavy sigh and sat back wiping the tears from my cheeks. I looked over at josh.