Chapter 1.

Amber's POV>>
I hear the marimba noise of my phone going off.
5:45 in the morning is the time its set for.
My eyes open looking up at the white ceiling. I notice the countless bumps making the ceiling rough.
After what feels like a few minutes of contemplating if I should wake up later or get ready now, I roll to my side and turn off my alarm.
Slowly standing up I walk towards the outfit I picked out the night before.
The shirt was white, it wasn't showy, long sleeve. The skirt was higher, up to my belly button, plain black. My shoes were all black vans.
I like to keep everything simple. Simple is how I like it. Yet sometimes my life looks like my ceiling, rough.
I walk to the bathroom my brother, Jack, and I share. As I turn on my straightener and wait for it to heat up, I start to brush my hair. I see loose strands of my hair sticking to my sides. I pull my hair back in a pony and start washing my face. As soon as I'm done with that action, the straightener is heated. As I put the straightener over each long brown strand I can feel the warmth so close to my skin, almost in a comforting way.
Once I'm finished I unplug the straightener and unzip my makeup bag.
As I said, I love simplistic things. I really do. I don't have any acne at the moment, so I curl my lashes and apply mascara to my top and bottom. Also, today needed a flare, I don't know why. I just felt it. I put on Chapstick to my dry lips, and applied a dull pink lip stain. I smiled satisfied with my work.
As I walked out of the bathroom I bumped into my brother, he looks like death, he often does when he wakes up.
I walked downstairs to see a note stating that my dad is on a business trip, leaving Jack and I alone. I hate when we're alone, we have nothing to talk about so he throws parties almost inviting the whole grade. It throws my schedule off completely. For breakfast I put some cream cheese on a bagel and set it on a plate. I make my lunch before eating breakfast. Soon sitting down to eat the bagel I've made.
As soon as I'm finished with my bagel I brush my teeth making sure they're clean before fixing my lip stain.
"Hurry up!" Jack yells.
I run downstairs to grab my lunch and backpack. Getting into his car, we head to school.

<<yes I'm stopping here for this chapter, I didn't feel like I should do a chapter explaining her life, I want her life to unravel and new things be told about her throughout the book, not the first chapter>>