18

"Compensate! If you won't compensate for the damage you caused in my shop and the threats I've received then we will meet in court! I will sue this company!"

Jungkook pinched the bridge of his nose hearing Mijoo's useless rants.

Can't she see the whole picture already? It's useless going againsts him and BigHit, they're a big company and even though his name got dragged in this issue a lot of his fans still support him than the ones who threw him under the bus.

Multiple accounts under the same person were made to throw shade on him, BigHit is now doing their best in locating them and make them pay a fine, or file them a lawsuit.

Mijoo over here, has been banging the doors of their company trying to make them compensate for her. She was lucky enough their CEO let her in and now, their ears had enough of her voice and complaints.

"You see Mijoo sshi, we already paid for some damages when we didn't have to. We have already compensate, but instead of keeping quiet and let the issue die down, you kept on adding more fuel to it. You basically want to milk money from us." Their representative told Mijoo calmly. 

Jungkook leaned his back on the chair, and his fingers tapped the table getting impatient.

He doesn't want to hear any of the issue anymore, he just wants to stay at home and drown himself in other things.

Mijoo scoffed.

"I'm getting death threats from his fans!" She pointed at him, Jungkook just raised his brows unbothered. "I need protection!" She added.

Jungkook almost rolled his eyes.

"I don't think our artist is at fault on that. You knew from the start how famous Mr. Jeon have gotten for the past years." Their representative wanted to prove a point. "You were the one who asked him out, sat beside him and sticked to him like glue. It was seen in the photos that he drapped his arms over your shoulder as a friendly gesture."

"You said your part about it and we did our part, but I guess you were really enjoying the attention you've gotten from this issue. "

He clasped his hands and placed it on the table, leaning forward.

"I don't really see the point in pushing this issue even further when we can just let it die down. Your friend hinted a lawsuit? " he said raising a brow.

Mijoo clenched her jaw, her hand balled into a fist on the table.

"Bring it on Ms. Mijoo. Bring in the lawsuits, we won't back down. Because we did share fair amounts of mistakes in this issue. But I don't think we are fully responsible in your matters, Mr. Jeon here is our top priority, not yours."

Jungkook heaved a sigh before standing up.

"I'll take my leave now. I don't think I'm needed here." He said before striding towards the glass door of their conference room.

"This is our issue Jungkook!" His hand on the door when Mijoo spoke. "You dragged me into this! Be responsible will you?" She almost yelled.

She slammed both her hands on the table.

"Take responsible for my life you damaged you bastard!" She said indignantly.

He sideway glanced at her, face unfazed by her sentiments. His lips tugged up a little before getting out of the room.

He would smile a little at every staff he came across with. He entered his music room, he dropped his weight on the couch, leaned his head back on the back rest closing his eyes.

He clenched his fist when he remembered what Mijoo said back in the conference room.

He gritted his teeth, jaw clenching.

He covered his face with both his palms.

He lets out a shaky breath, as his hand slowly got wet with his tears. He uncovered his face, placed his elbows on his lap, biting his index finger.

Was it really his fault? He just wanted to hang out with them, since they were the one who asked him out. Was it really his fault to drag Mijoo into a rumor?

He's madly in love with his job, why would he do something that he know would tarnish his career? Maybe at some point he was at fault. He should've chose the people he'll interact with.

His fans were all defending him, some turned their back on him, even non kpop fans decided to join in judging him.

Can't they see that he's just a normal person? Why can't they realize that he can only take everything at a certain level? They were going overboard, some were even dragging his family into the matter, even his brother needed to shut his social media off to get off with the toxic environment.

He wanted to become an idol, he chose to do this, its his dream, to dance, sing, create music, and inspire others.

He knew that people will criticize him, they will be quick to doubt his potential, he knew he can't please everyone. But does he really deserve all this?

He's just Jeon Jungkook, behind the spotlight he's just a young man who's vulnerable. He gets affected by judgements, he gets scared about what others would say, he doubts himself. But he need to set those aside and cover it with his dark, mysterious and playful facade.

He bit his lips hard, tasting his own blood to stop his sobs.

He wanted to call Yein so bad, he wanted to lean into her and forget everything even just for a while. She was his comfort, she was his home.

But Hoseok and Namjoon clearly explained to him that he should not drag Yein into this matter.

And of course he wanted what's best for her. And for now, that is to stay away from him.

But hell, he needs her. He needs her so bad. Just her voice is enough.

He took out his other phone, and dialed her number that he already memorized.

After a few rings she answered her phone.

"Hello?"  Her voice was the same, so soft yet there's a hint of huskiness. It stirred so many emotions in Jungkook.

Jungkook covered his mouth to conceal his sobs, hot tears streamed down his face.

He ended the call after hearing her voice, he regretted calling her. He missed her even more. He wanted to be greedy and run to her.

But maybe if he does that, it will just hurt the two of them.

He'll swallow every pain and suffering for now. So when time comes that his girl came running towards him. He can embrace her without any worry.

That time will come. Soon.

I miss you Yein.