Bumi and Rona

Once upon a time, there was an old man who living in a crowded city in Indonesia. He was called Bumi. He had lived for thousands of years. He lived alone and lightly. He loved environment like he loved himself. He lived as a vegetarian because he thought that it is too cruel to kill a living thing. So every day he depended on nature. While everyone was racing to buy vehicles like motorcycles and cars, Bumi still chose to go on foot. “It causes air pollution.” he said.

     Bumi was a very innocent man. He could not differ between a friend and a foe. He was very kind, but people around him were reluctant to fraternize with him. However, he said that he had a good friend. They met some decades ago, when Bumi was sad because people around him seemed heartless. They ate all edible animals. For a vegan, he said, “It’s the most brutal act of murder ever!” He said like that because every day people around him, even in front of his house, not knowing whether it was morning or evening, people often slaughtered animals, a chicken for instance.

     At that time, he was very sad, even his tears fell like rain on his face. The tears obscured his sight, and it made him almost slipped. Luckily, someone held his hand, so he was kept from falling in an embarrassing way. He was stupefied because someone who helped him was very beautiful. He did not have any friends at that time, so he decided to get acquainted with her.

     “Thank you so much, beautiful young lady.” he said. “You’re welcome, Sir.” she answered. “You are such a kind person. I’m Bumi, may I know your name?” he replied. “My name is Rona. Nice to see you, Bumi.” she said. Then, Rona asked why Bumi cried. After hearing his reason, she directly said, “As a good friend, I will do everything to make you happy.”

#to be continued