Ending

Since that time, Rona became Bumi's friend. They were very united in many ways, both environmentalist and vegetarians. The next day, Bumi felt very happy because he no longer saw the killing of animals in front of his eyes. He did not know what Rona had done. Rona had secretly sent poison onto the bodies of animals, so people no longer ate them.

Time passed, Bumi felt lonelier. People around him did not consider the existence of him. Bumi missed his one and only friend, Rona. They rarely met each other, maybe just a few times. Rona came only when he was sad. The old Bumi was sickly, his breath was beginning to suffer; his sight was getting blur; and his hearing was not what it used to be. The causes were his neighborhood had been transformed into a big city, factories and vehicle fumes, and noise everywhere. He needed a rest and friends.

Unexpectedly, Rona came knocking at his door. He was so happy, and he told Rona everything. As normally, Rona replied, "As a good friend, I will do everything to make you happy." After a few seconds, Rona said goodbye to go on a trip. The next day, Bumi began to feel that his surroundings were fresher and cleaner than usual. He was deeply grateful, Rona was indeed his best friend, he thought. The silence lasted a long time, Bumi began to improve, yet innocent Bumi was still unaware of what Rona had done to make him happy. Rona sent his friends to spread a new virus that she had recently discovered. At that time, she targeted the virus directly at people. Yeah, Bumi did not realize that the silence was going on because people around him were physically distancing and his city was locked down.

Day passed, Bumi thought that he would be happy with fewer humans roaming around him, but he felt empty. He missed the time when many little boys ran around his neighborhood, or when many housewives shopped in front of his house. Bumi sensed that something was wrong with the silence, and he thought that it was not what he really wanted. All he wanted was people to be friends with him and love nature. Then, he prayed to God to bring things back to way they were. A few months later, his prayer was answered, people around him began to greet him. They were no longer busy themselves, but they were more concerned with the earth and nature. He was so grateful, "Thank God. It is all that I want." he whispered to himself.

On the other hand, Rona was always watching Bumi from a distance. Rona loved Bumi as a friend and she did everything to make him happy. However, she realized that what she had done to make Bumi happy was wrong. From that moment on, Rona promised herself that she would change her ways to watch over Bumi.

#end