Plotting to destroy profound origin

"Ahh!"

A woman's piercing scream broke through the stillness of the dark night. The scream was filled with madness and misery, cutting the somber sky apart into fragments like a bloodstained knife.

With a loud banging and clattering sound, inside a heavily curtained, incense-scented chamber full of splendor, an exquisite mirror carved with eight lotus flowers was heavily thrown onto the floor, the surface splitting into several cracks.

On the fragmented mirror surface was reflected a crescent-browed, straight-nosed countenance of attractive fairness; unfortunately, it had two bone-deep wounds in it, savagely intersecting and carved into her glossy skin.

The beauty of her face and the hideousness of her injuries shockingly clashed, causing one to sigh at the imperfect nature of the world.

A crowd of respectfully waiting maids surged up like the tide. Under the ferociously vicious gaze of the person in the mirror, they were forced to bow even lower, and then retreated again like the tide.

Pei Yuan swayed like she was about to fall. Supporting herself in front of the dressing table, her one hand shook while braced on the table surface. Even after desperately biting her lips, she still could not repress the shivering throughout her whole body.

Over ... it was all over ...

The appearance she was so proud of, the extreme beauty she used to distinguish herself in the Tai Yuan royal family, was completely destroyed by a random blade light in one night.

From now on, she would descend to become Tai Yuan royal family's laughingstock. From now on, all those imperial sisters whose appearances were unable to be compared to hers and were held in disdain by her, would use the most pitying looks and the warmest phrases to unceasingly comfort her.

Just thinking of those seemingly warm, but in reality bitter and cold commiserations, she would feel like she was falling into an ice pit, and want to go insane!

"Get out! All of you scram!"

The chamber was quickly cleared of people. The curtains lifted by the flow of exiting people, lightly floated back down.

Glimmering light passed through the green jade lamps, shone on the drapes, and illuminated the sobbing, face-hiding figure that had bonelessly collapsed onto the ground near the dressing table.

The figure's thin shoulders unceasingly shook. Faint whimpers came and went, the miserable crying like a never-awakening nightmare.

The half-open window blew in midnight's chilling breeze, which leisurely swirled inside the chamber. Inside the wind's sounds, there faintly traveled an extremely low whispering.

Quiet, yet sharp, like the grinding of steel wool, or like icicles on the summits of thousand-year-old glaciers, the whispers held icy harshness as well as never-ending killing intent and hatred.

"If I ever find out who you are ... need to kill ... will not rest until you die ..." ---------------

That sharp scream pierced through the quiet of the Profound Origin sect village like a drill. Everyone heard it, and everyone had different reactions to it.

Qi Xunyi's eyes were deep and mysterious. He turned his plans and calculations over and over again, all kinds of conjectures running through his mind. The only thing missing, was any sort of pity towards his cousin's tragic situation.

Zong Yue clasped his hands while standing in front of the window, facing the boundless darkness. The eyes he used to stare into the void were not empty, but instead seemed rooted in reality. It was as if he could see beyond the murky fog of midnight, and see some kind of bone-chilling destiny of human life.