The Last Day

I have been in love with her for the past two years, her name is Kiara Duwe and she doesn't even know, who I am!

We are neighbors, I know her life: her friends, her boyfriends, hatred for the hangover but her love for drinks and partying.

I would see her every day, the girl I'm in love with.
She is so amazing, not conventionally good looking but to me she is everything! A beautiful red head, tanned skin with freckles splashed all over her cute button nose and the best part about her, her smile. When she would smile it would light up my insides.

I'm Jack Gap not your usual twenty- four year old guy. I love technology and have built an empire by selling my work to big companies, it's easy to say that I'm a billionaire twice turned over!! Can you make that out by looking at me? No! Why? Because, I don't have a fancy car, wear branded clothes or own a luxurious house and that's not because I'm stingy, it's because I'm content being the way I am!

****

Today she noticed me, on the last day of Quarantine. The world was put on standstill by maintaining social distancing, which is ok with me. Well, I should have mentioned it earlier, I'm also an introvert. The only girlfriend I have ever had, and still have is, Cheerio my four year old golden retriever.

I was on my terrace feeding Cheerio her lunch and I noticed Kiara waving her arms at me. My pulse quickened, was this right? Was she looking at me, trying to get my attention?

I nervously waved back to her, she grinned and picked up a board, I squinted my eyes to see what she had written. "Hi, I'm Kiara"

I couldn't believe this! She was befriending me. I frantically looked for something to write on and thankfully noticed a black-board lying in the corner, helps to be a nerd. "Hello, I'm Jack. How are you?"

She smiled, her cutest most adorable smile as I looked over and read what she wrote back. "I'm doing OK. Quarantine has made me crazy!! How are you?"

"It feels the same to me, as I work from home."
God could I sound more boring!!

"I'm a bartender. Love my job with hate."

I must have looked confused as I read her message, which she guessed. "Will explain tonight- Dinner here @ 8?"

I took a deep breath when I read her words, looked down at Cheerio and whispered, it's a date.

****

I couldn't tear my eyes off her as she walked onto her terrace, holding her black-board looking gorgeous in a mid-night blue dress and her long beautiful red hair tied to the side.

"You look beautiful." I commented.

She smiled and took a bow. "Blacks suits you."

I instantly felt confident about my choice of clothes, a black slim shirt with rolled up sleeves till my elbow, tucked into black slim trousers.

"What's your favorite song?" She asked.

If I tell her I only listen to Mozart, she will run for the hill. "Justin Bieber- Yummy." The only song I knew of his.

Kiera rolled her eyes. "Yeah right! Now tell me the truth."

"The Magic Flute by Mozart." I sheepishly wrote on my board.

"Yes, this I believe." She grinned and played the song via her phone to her jukebox.

I started humming as the familiar music reached me. "Should we get on a call?" I reluctantly asked her, and held my breath as I waited for her answer.