"Last day of summer"

It was a hot summer day with people roaming the streets of the city. It was the last day of summer after all, before we'd all go back to school, So me and the girls wanted to spend as much time as we still possibly could.

Daisy a.k.a the brains in our group wanted to get a couple of books, while Jessica, the adventurous one, wanted to go to the beach or anywhere that was fun. And me? I just wanted to get some food.

It was already around 12:30 which is lunch! and I hadn't eaten anything other than a piece of bread and coffee, which.. didn't really taste that good. So we all agreed to just go to the mall.

The moment we stepped into the mall I was greeted by a man and woman wearing a waffle and pancake costume. And by then I was extremely hungry. We all wanted different things. Daisy wanted to check out the books, And Jessica wanted to see if there were any toys like water guns that she could buy and play with. And I just wanted to stuff myself with food!

With much thinking of which place we should go first in the mall, We just decided to go our separate ways and we'd just meet up..somewhere.. and once that was agreed, I for one scrambled to the nearest food stand I could find.

And all jokes aside, I ran to the burger stand that had no one in line like a cheetah. The person working there was startled by me. He looked as if he was encountering a beast of some sort. Well, I wouldn't blame him though. If I saw someone running at my direction. I'd be startled too.

I ordered a king size burger and a soda. He replied still a bit startled by the fact that I ran up to his stand like I was about to die and he was my only hope.
" Uh sure ma'am your order will be right up..".

It was taking a bit of a while so, like the social human being that I am, I made a conversation with the burger guy.
"Soooo.. how long have you worked here?" I asked.

He looked at me with a bit of confusion in his eyes and replied with
"Uhm are talking to me?"

"Yes..?"

"So You're not scared to talk to me?"

And by this time I was the one confused.
"Why would I be scared?" I asked, now with a question mark on my face.

"I don't know.. you're not scared of my face? Or my eyes?" He replied pointing his finger at his eyes.

And now that he mentioned it, I was now looking directly at his face. I was so hungry that I didn't realize anything. His stand didn't have any people at all while the other food stands were sworming with people asking for food.

And as I looked up to his face I saw that he had red firey eyes. And hair as black as night. he also had this deep voice. But still, I wasn't afraid. If anything I was hungry and this guy's face wasn't going to stop me from getting my glorious longing for food. And I just replied to him with a simple no.

He smiled, but went back to making the burger. I stood there thinking about what I was doing with my life, when suddenly.
"Here's your burger and soda ma'am" He said showing no emotion.

I looked into his still red firey eyes and replied with a thankyou, then I waited at the place where my friends and I would meet up. They still weren't there. So I just sat down on a chair.

I was still intrigued by the burger guy's eyes, and how red it was. This thought was in my head for a bit. Until I was my minf interrupted by my now rumbling stomach.

It was begging me to feed it, rumbling loudly like it was whining, and with that, I took out my burger and began chomping on the delicious taste that I had been longing for.

It felt as if my mouth was in heaven! I had never tasted a burger this good before. And I wanted to cry tears of joy because of the flavor that it gave my mouth and the fact that I finally ate something good.

A few minutes pass and finally Daisy and Jessica came back. Daisy had at least 3 books all inside a paper bag. And to be honest I didn't know how the paper bag was able to hold 3 books without ripping, Jessica didn't really.. find anything she was hoping for and was a bit down because of that.

Me and Daisy both saw that Jessica didn't get much thrill in our trip to the mall. And since we didn't want to hog all the fun of today we let Jessica decide our next destination.

And as expected, she wanted to go to the beach. We all went home to grab out swimming suits and began driving to the beach. We used Jessica's  car for transport. And even though that car looked like it was beaten down, Jessica loved it. It was her first car after all.

As we were coming close to the beach we could see lots and lots of people playing on the sand and water. Nothing out of the ordinary happened. All of us enjoyed playing in the beach. Me and Jessica played in the water while Daisy was reading her newly bought books.

At one point we splashed her with water. She got angry and began chasing us. After a long day we headed back home. We all said our goodbyes as we stepped out of Jessica's old beaten down car.

And as the sun set and the moon began to rise, I laid down on my bed about to doze off when a thought came through my mind. The burger guy's eyes were once again on my mind.

I had this thought for a while till I realized what time it was. 10 PM, It was late and tommorow was the first day of school so I just shrugged it off and went to sleep.

Credits for cover: Calistoid