Kiss Of Revenge Ch. 12

Kiss of Revenge Ch. 12: One Kiss At A Time

CHARLES' POV:

"I'll stay as long as I can Charles. ‘Coz in the end, I don’t want to regret not loving you.”

And it damned broke my heart. She's staying, with me. Even after what I did to her. Even after I fvcked everything up for us.

She's staying.

"Thank you." I whispered like a prayer. And I held her closer. I closed my eyes and feel her around me. Feel her being with me despite of.

And I feel her wrap her hands around me, clinging into me. She burried her face into my chest and I feel her tears. Tears I caused.

Humiwalay ako ng bahagya without taking my hands off her, just enough to see her tear-strained face. I kissed her eyes... her cheeks. She closes her eyes and I can see that she's having a hard time. What are you thinking my love?

I stopped. I wait for her to open her eyes. And when she did, my heart clenched. I'm hurting you.

"Stop thinking, just feel." I told her.

She looked at me. She wanted to do just that, pero alam ko she can't take away the image of me kissing another girl.

"Hindi madali, Charles. I keep on imagining you with her. I keep on thinking of how you'd kiss her. On how..."

She was not able to continue. And I don't want her to. I held her closer, burried my face into her hair. "I'm sorry. Really, I am. But I want us. I want us to work."

She nodded. She cling desperately. Her hands gripping my shirt. "You want us too baby, right?"

She nodded. I slide my hands from her hair to her arms. Coaxing her to look at me. When she did I looked at her with determined eyes. She gave me this chance, and I'll take it. And I'll make it work. For us...

"It will be difficult RB." I told her. "But we'll take it one step at a time. From here onwards, we'll be honest with each other. I want to know what you're thinking. I want to know if I made the right step, or should I take a step back. Everything I do will be dependent on you and your reaction. But you will let me lead. I know it's difficult to trust me. But I'll earn it. I'll make this work RB. For us. I'll do whatever I can. And I'm grateful for the chance."

She nodded.

"Tell me what you're thinking." I told her. I want to know what she thinks. I want to know if she truly understands what I'm asking for her.

Umiling siya, without uttering  word.

"Please, RB. Say something."

She put her right hand over her mouth, covering. "I can't. Toothbrush first." She said thru muffled voice.

Damn. I love her.

I smiled, because then I become conscious with my breath too, to even laugh. But I can't help it. Bad breath or not, I love her.

I lowered down my face, removed her hand over her mouth, and kissed her lightly.

"Go." I told her. "I'll make you breakfast while you freshen up."

And she smiles and take my heart. She slid off from my embrace, and I don't like the feeling of emptiness as she left. I followed her with my gaze.

And I remember seeing her last night with my mom... at our house.

*flashback*

I drive. I drive like a mad man just to get to her. After that call from Cassandra, I hurried just to get to her.