Roommates

"HARRY!," yelled a girl with short black hair who looks probably around my age.

I stared at the boy who's still holding the pipe, the water running down being wasted.

The girl came running towards us glaring the boy and immediately apologized on behalf of him.

"I'm really sorry on behalf of him,he's an absolute clumsy troublemaker. One of the reasons he is here. I'll go and get some paper towels it may be of little help"

"Ellie please stop embarrassing me in front of someone new. I'm sorry, I was just lost in my own la la land," said the boy looking embarrassed.

"For cakes sake please, you were in detention not supposed to be enjoying," snapped the girl and ran off

"Sorry, it's just Ellie being Ellie. By the way, I'm Harry. Nice to meet you probably not the right time," he said sheepishly, looking at me.

"You should turn it off," I said pointing towards the pipe.

"Right" he replied walking towards the tap.

"So what's your name?," he asked turning off the tap with a smile.

I don't know what got over me but all of sudden I don't wanna tell my name.

"Guess it" I replied walking laughing to myself imagining his weird surprised face.

Midway I met Ellie, she handed me the towels and apologized once again. I assured her that it's not her fault and just a small mishap. I introduced myself to her and she offered to accompany me to the office, I gladly accepted it.

             ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦     ˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗   ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦

Making friends isn't an easy task and finding the true ones is an impossible one. I want to be a friend with the one who accepts me as I am, not the one who's faking it. 

Well, I'm glad I could say that Ellie's the one hopefully will always be. Fortunately she became my roommate. First day of school, as they say first ones are memorable so are the first days. They are quite unique in their own ways. Some maybe funny, miserable or embarrassing but they are memorable. We'll never forget them. So was mine. I first went to the class and introduced myself. Most of them were quite sleepy and not interested due the blast we had the previous day. It was all quite unlike the before day. It felt a bit odd but nothing out of ordinary. I was distracted by the lessons and classes. Science and English are my favourite subjects. I absolutely, from the bottom of my heart hate Maths and no doubt that I suck at it. I barely pass it. I still try my best to get better at it.

Later that day, we were asked to shift our dorms. It took me three days to unpack and adjust to the new place and now I have to shift again.

This time heavens was on my side. We were alloted bigger dorms and I love it! Two study tables on the either side of the room with beds occupying the center. And an adjacent room with an wardrobe and attached bathroom. It took us a whole week to make our temporary place, a home.

I'm glad that from this year the rules have been changed and we could decorate our rooms. Ellie's been on cloud nine since then. She's happy that she could now display her art. She and I decorated the room with posters of Harry Potter, Sherlock Holmes and Disney. Hanged beautiful wall hangings made by Ellie, dream catchers, butterflies and colorful things. It was filled with colours of both of our tastes.

Coming to Ellie she's funny and excellent. Though she is not much of a book worm but a movie buff.  I'm not trying to be rude or offend anything but I think books are way better than movies. Though movies are great they can't beat the books. I hope someday she'll be amazed by the world of books and same goes for me in the world of films. We always talk for hours until we realize it's late for bed.

And about Harry let's just skip about the troublemaker for now.

       ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦     ˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗   ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦

Author's Note

Been wanting to write author's note since so long. Anyways I hope this chapter and the coming ones will be entertaining. Do share your thoughts.
Have fun reading and writing!