Airplane Mode

My biggest dream was to travel and I never thought that it would come true.

Hi my name is Emily and I got the opportunity of going to Germany. The opportunity I'm talking about was our school orchestra. Yeah I know, who saw the whole orchestra thing coming. Our orchestra was invited to Germany to perform with one the orchestra schools over there.

Now that we're past the introduction let's get on with the story.

My bags are packed and I'm ready but not quite ready to go. I'm scared that I may have forgotten to pack something in or maybe I won't enjoy it in Germany or maybe I won't make new friends there.

"Stop overthinking it", said my mom barging into my room.

"How did you ..."

"A mom knows everything, remember", said my mom, "and bring your bags to the car or else we'll be late."

Yeah my mom is probably right, I should stop overthinking it and grab at whatever comes my way. I should probably get in the car or else my dad may lose it.

We arrived at the airport and guess who was there at the candy shop, my cousins. They gave me big hugs and waved me off to my friends. This is where my overthinking came back. I only have three friends in this orchestra and what if I sit next to someone on the airplane that doesn't like me or poops while they sleep.

Luckily I didn't, I sat in between my friends and we just watched movies and laughed at the guys in front of us trying to play the games attached to the seats.

Our first and only stop was Turkey.

Nothing interesting happened there, just bought some water to stay hydrated, recorded some videos for the gram and found our way back to the group. We went to get our passports checked - and only when we got in front of the line - realized that we're in the wrong line.

After all the confusion and standing in long lines, we got on the plane ready to get to Germany.