the voicemail

*6:30 am*

Liam woke to the sound of his phone buzzing as his alarm went off. He quickly grabbed the device and stopped the alarm as he knew none of the others would want to be woken up yet. flicking through his lock screen he saw he had 5 missed calls and one voicemail from his mum. he unlocked his phone, immediately raising it to his ear to listen to the message.

"Liam honey I'm sorry, I didn't want to tell you this way, but I thought it would be unfair to wait longer to tell you..."

Liam was already worried, his mums voice sounded shaky, he knew there was bad news coming.

"...its Alex (Liam's childhood best friend in this story). Last night he was involved in a car crash on the motorway and..." she took a breath before continuing. Liam could already feel himself welling up, preparing for the worst.

"...they rushed him to hospital and the doctors did all they could but...sweetie I'm so sorry, they weren't able to save him" she said as Liam could hear her starting to sob in the recording. he tried as best he could but he couldn't hold the tears back anymore as they started falling from his face uncontrollably. 

"but baby listen, I'm right here ok. even though I'm not there in person. you can call me any time ok? whether its mid-afternoon or 3 in the morning I don't care, I'm always here for you. let me know when you get this poppet, I love you lots Liam, bye." And with that the recording ended. 

Liam sat on his bunk motionless for a minute, tears pouring down his cheeks, the information not fully sinking in. he thought back to his best memories with Alex and his heart broke. he started sobbing, he didn't want to believe it, growing up Alex had been a brother to him. they did everything together, and now he was gone, and Liam didn't even get to say goodbye. 

-----

so that was the first chapter, hope you guys like it so far! I'm working on the second one right now so hopefully it should be out soon!