wet shoulders

Louis woke up randomly and checked his phone. The time read 6:45am. As he was lying there he heard noises coming from the bunk opposite him - Liam's bunk. Forcing himself fully awake he sat up and listened. He was sure he could hear crying, but found that hard to believe as it was Liam we're talking about, Liam doesn't cry. Regardless he pulled his curtain, slipped out of his bunk and stepped over to Liam's. He was sure of it now, Liam was crying. 

Louis cautiously opened his band mate's curtain, his heart shattered as he saw Liam with his head buried in his hands. He attempted to wipe some tears from his pink cheeks as he looked up and met Louis' eyes. Louis said nothing but simply engulfed Liam into a tight hug. He had no idea what had upset him so much but he knew one thing - Liam needed a shoulder to cry on right now. As Liam accepted the hug he felt himself start to sob harder than before, Louis instinctively held on tighter, gently rubbing Liam's back in an attempt to calm him down.

After several minutes Louis decided to speak up. "What's wrong love?" he whispered softly in Liam's ear. Ordinarily it would be strange to give the boys pet names but at this moment Louis was in big brother mode and took no shame in it. Liam slowly pulled out of the hug in an attempt to answer the question but upon opening his mouth he started crying again. Louis sat patiently and placing a hand on Liam's cheek, wiped away some of his tears. Liam looked to the right of his friend's face and Louis followed his gaze. They were both now looking at Louis' shoulder which was drenched from Liam crying onto it. This sent Liam off into another sobbing episode. "Oh Li its alright, hey, its only a t-shirt, it will dry." Louis told him as he stroked Liam's arm. "Do you want to tell me what's happened?" Louis repeated, trying not to make Liam feel pressurised. Liam nodded as he picked up his phone, unlocked it and pressed play, handing it to Louis for him to listen to the message. Liam was too distraught to tell it himself.

As Louis got to the main part of the message he felt himself welling up and pulled Liam into his side, once again rubbing his back. he finished the message and handed Liam's phone back. "I'm so sorry mate" he said as he pulled Liam into another hug. " You are not on your own ok. Don't you ever think that you are on your own." he stated over Liam's sobs. "I love you so much Payno", Liam simply nodded his head into Louis' wet shoulder as his response, not wanting to talk.

-----

well there is chapter 2, hope you enjoyed! next chapter I'll get Narry involved. not sure when it will be up as i need to do a bit more planning first! let me know what you think so far <3