A Work of Art: Undertaker x Fem. Reader (P. 1)

I smile to myself as I watch a young lady walk around my shop, looking around in curiosity. She then spots my workbench and reaches out to grab a cylinder full of formaldehyde when I spoke a simple "Hello." The young (H/C) haired girl jumped at the unexpected sound of my voice and looked around. I chuckled at the adorable look of curiosity on her face before stepping out of the coffin that was on her far right. She was still looking around, but in a completely different direction and didn't notice me walking closer to her.

She still didn't notice me as I slowly leaned close to her ear, whispering "I'm right here." She jumped a lot higher this time before turning around, a small amount of fear in her eyes. Before she can speak, I continued. "If you didn't read the sign outside, I'm the Undertaker here. Do you need me to take measurements for a coffin? Or maybe you have a body that needs to be prepared." I smile widely as I leaned closer. "Which one is it, darling?~" She looked at me with the most beautiful (E/C) eyes and a smile brighter than all the stars. "I was wondering, would you take me as your apprentice?"

I stood still for a moment before laughing at the joke. I nearly collapsed, banging my hand on the workbench as I laugh wholeheartedly. I wipe a tear away as I spoke up, "I see you know my payment methods. Now that we have that out of the way, what do you really want?" I look up to the girl to see her frowning at me. "What is it?" I asked. She looks at me a bit more before speaking up, "I was being serious." My eyes widen as I heard those words flow from her beautiful lips, shocked and confused as to why anyone would want to work for me, or in a dark, dreary shop like mine. I thought about it for a moment before deciding to ask her one question.

"What would you gain from this?" She looked at me, trying to see past my hair and to my eyes. She stayed silent for a few more seconds before answering. "I want to gain experience, but I've also noticed that people don't like to come around here. I thought you would appreciate the company..." She trails off and looks away with a shy look on her cute little face. I chuckled before caving in, "Alright. I'll let you be my apprentice, but I need to know your name love.~" She looked up to me with joy sparkling in her lovely (E/C) eyes. "My name is (Y/N) (L/N), and I'm ready to start whenever you want me to!" The young lady spoke with such excitement, I couldn't help but pat her on her cute little head.

The young girl blushed with embarrassment. but allowed me to continue as we conversed. "All right! How about Monday morning? It's Thursday so you'll have three days to prepare yourself and truly make your decision on this, okay?" She nodded and started to walk out of my shop with quite a but pep in her step when she turned around and spoke once more. "I promise I won't let you down, I'll see you Monday morning!" She waved as she walked out of my shop, I waved back politely till the door closed behind her.

I sigh as I sat down on a stool frowning as I thought about the lovely little lady. '(Y/N), what a lovely name.' I get up and walk over to a room in the back of my shop, where I make all the bodies pretty. There was a young lady, young like (Y/N). A slight feeling of dread washed over me before I shook it off and continued with my work. Time flew by and the next thing I knew, it was finally Monday morning. I hear footsteps outside and grin widely as I hide in a nearby coffin. The front door opens to show a certain young lord and his demon entering my shop.

"Undertaker," the young boy shouted "show yourself! I have questions that need answers." I giggle as I get out of the beautiful dark oak coffin. "My Lord, do I finally have the pleasure of measuring you for one of my coffins? Oh please let the answer be yes!" The young lord ignored my question and spoke up. "I have a case, I'm sure you already know of it," the boy stated. I nodded eagerly before replying "My last few clients have been interesting, to say the least." I smile widely as the boy continues. "I need to know any rumors you may have heard, as well as the way these young girls died."