Near death experience and a little bit of blood

Hey peeps!! What's up? How are you? Hope you are great! How are you liking my writing so far? I would love some input! So since the last the chapter got no comments, I'm going to assume y'all don't like that idea, so I'm just gonna write, sorry this is so bad.

June eleventh, 2017, three years after the breakup

So far life is pretty good. I've been through one relationship, and it did not go well. But I'm not thinking of him, it's too painful.

But I think I like it, being single is so free feeling, I can do what I want without worrying someone, and I get the bed to myself. So, like I said, life's pretty good. Or at least it was.

"I'm sorry, I'm what?"

"Fired. You are fired."

"You, you can't do that! I'm the best thing that's ever happened to this place!"

"Not any more."

Yeah. I was laid off. So now I'm single, and jobless. Wonderful. I guess it's not that bad, since I do have a back up job, I've been bartending for years, I just didn't think it would be my only income. But I'll survive. I have to.

Even though that all happened, I still think I deserve a break, so beach, here I come!

It's been a awhile since I've been to the beach, a mixture of no time and well, no friends, but who needs em anyway! I pack up my simple bathing suit, it's a navy blue crop suit with high rise bottoms. Pretty sexy if I do say so myself. With snacks, my book, and a towel in my bag I headed off.

***

The beach was surprisingly empty, with only a few groups of people, then long strides of sand left empty. I found a very nice spot, away from others, and took my shorts off. My body is far from perfect, my thighs and butt are bigger than most like, with a slightly pudgey stomach, I was no super model. But I was very proud of my twenty seven inch waist, that gave me the perfect hourglass shape.

I was quite confident, all of us have days where we think we are absolute shit, most of time I thought I looked good. I wasn't super unhealthy, I ate pretty well, and worked out almost daily, it was just my body type.

After donning my sunscreen and sunglasses, I started in to my book. It was an amazing fantasy novel, and only when I became very hot, did I go into the water. I walked in up to my waist, before diving under and coming up meters away.

The cool water felt wonderful on my warmed skin, and I couldn't help but remember when I came here with the guys, almost two years ago.

Flashback...

The sun was high in the sky, and hot as hell, as we made our way to the water. I was the first one in, diving under the small waves coming to shore. I knew they had followed, though not as deep as I had gone, I looked back to see them splashing each other like children. I laughed quietly and snuck up behind John, throwing my arms around him from behind. He yelped, and nearly threw me off.

"Violet! You scared the heck out of me!"

"Heck?" I laughed, "What, are we back in first grade?"

He had laughed, and dunked me, before glaring at me playfully. I had sent back my most innocent look. It continued like that for a while, splashing, laughing and having fun, with all of them.