Repent for Your Sins

The Lethal Swordsman and The Omnicidal Which. Generals of the Realm of the Dead. Every day they planned and trained. Líf recalled all of the events that led to his first encounter with Hel and used his own flaws to plan dangerous traps against Alfonse. He even planned on using Kiran against him somewhere along the line, after all, he knew he would do anything to protect her. Líf knew that he did promise her after all.

Thrasir often spent time perfecting her magic. Her magic drastically improved over the past couple of years, working to be on the same level as the first Emporer. They needed everything to convince others of who they claimed to be, in order to truly convince themselves that they weren't who they used to be.

Líf's training was different from what he did before. He transformed his collected skilled fighting technique to a more brutal one. His new trusted blade, Sökkvabekkr, was fitted for such a style. The blade itself was bestowed upon him by Hel through her presumed daughter, Eir. Eir had brought Líf the sword of destruction when his physical form changed to black armor and a dark demeanor. Líf and Thrasir knew Eir well, but to Eir, they were complete strangers.

Líf stood in front of his former Order of Heroes castle while Thrasir was away at her own former castle. The palaces were nothing but ruins and harsh memories now. Alfonse stared down at his sword as he clenched it in his right hand recalling when he received it.

"Líf," Eir calmly called out as she approached him with the blade resting in its scabbard. She held the sword in both of her arms. Líf was alone, lost in his own dark thoughts once again when he turned to her, astounded as he recognized her voice. This was the first time he had seen her since she had to return to the Realm of the Dead, just before his kingdom fell. It then came to his attention that she had called him Líf.

"Princess Eir?" He responded. Líf was relieved to see her OK, yet a fit of hidden anger lingered beneath the surface due to what had happened. Eir slowed her step in surprise that he knew her name. She wondered if Hel already informed him of her presence.

"Y-yes?" She said, halting in front of him, a curious look meeting his gaze. Her tone notified Líf that she didn't have the slightest idea of who lurked beneath the masked form.

"Nothing." He dismissed, looking away, leaving her to resume.

"Mother tasked me to bring Askr's first ruler his weapon, Sökkvabekkr." She said taking a step closer and extending the sword towards him.

"..." Líf said nothing as he grabbed the sheathed sword with his left hand. He felt like he was supposed to say something, but what was he supposed to say? "How could you do nothing while those who trusted you suffered?" All that came to mind were heated words. Though he had frustration towards her, it was obvious to the swordsman that she didn't have the power to do anything. She didn't know who he was and she didn't show even the slightest bit of recollection of the complete destruction of his world. He concluded that her memory of everything must have been erased by Hel. But, if she knew what happened in his world and how Hel was manipulating her, surely she would be a threat to Líf's objective. Strangely enough, he was thankful she lacked those memories.

After a few long seconds of awkward silence, Eir said, "I'll take my leave now." She looked away with the same saddened expression she always seemed to adorn, while Líf remained silent. He watched Eir make her way back to Hel's castle, her long silver hair she wore in a ponytail gently swaying as she walked. Líf found it hard to believe that she was the same person who assisted him before everything fell apart.

Pulling his attention away from Eir, Líf glanced down at the ruined blade that he gripped in his hand. The scabbard itself was a faded purple, like the accents on his armor, and had silver notches near the hilt which had a skull adorned on it. He used his right hand to draw the blade, instantly feeling its power roll-off in waves. A bright purple glow radiated from the sword making it appear longer and the blade's flat side to be thicker. He was surprised to find himself savoring the power he was feeling. He was certain that with this blade, he would reach his goal.