twenty

"You really didn't have to help me pack Aurora," Nai sticks her hands in her back jean pockets, leaning on the tall window frame as her sister zips up her last suitcase.

Aurora had been weirdly attached to her for the last few days. At first, it was little things like wanting to grab a quick meal in between photoshoots and face timing during random times of the day, then Aurora started showing up at the bookings Nai had just to "see my little sister in action!". It was very out of character and Nai had wanted to call her sister out on it, but truth be told, she'd been feeling lonely recently.

Her dance season was over while all her friends continued to work hard on their shows, leaving little time for her. Sammy and Maggie were working on new music so the time they didn't spend in the studio, was spent experiencing things to write about. Blair and his new girl, Sabrina Winters, had just gone official and it turns out she was a recruit at Angelica's dance company. Which meant, if she was allowed back in time for this year's production, Nai would have to dance with her.

And apparently, Eli had settled down with someone or had gotten her pregnant, Angelica had fired him on some weird premise so the message wasn't exactly clear. But it did mean that she could no longer hit him up for some fun, even if she wanted to.

Then to add to all the mess, Nai's head was a complete muddle whenever she tried to sort out her feelings about Timothée and if she even had any that weren't platonic. He tried texting her a few times today, but Nai was in no mood to reply. It was slightly pathetic to be mad with someone over something that was never spoken about, but that's exactly where her head was at.

So she did her best to ignore those thoughts.

But altogether, it made her feel very alone and while Aurora's sudden company was teetering over into the unbearable side of things, it didn't go unappreciated. At least Nai hoped that's how her sister saw it.

"It's no problem," Aurora smiles, setting the suitcase on the ground before perching on Nai's bed, "when I hear my sister is going to be in the Dior campaign, I want to see her off before something so exciting!"

Nai smiles softly. Her manager had managed to secure Nai a casting for the Dior Homme campaign and her audition was a formality at most. She'd gotten a call back within 24 hours and told to head to Texas as soon as possible, to shoot it.

"What are you going to do while I'm away?" Asking mostly to be pleasant, but Nai doesn't know how to have a normal conversation with her sister; it's been a while since they've been able to do so.

Aurora picks up a loose shirt on Nai's bed and begins folding it as she answers, "not sure. I'm supposed to help mother with the recruits, but I'm not sure if I can be bothered, to be frank."

Nai laughs with surprise, since when does Aurora not feel like sucking up to their mother? Seeming to read her mind, Aurora gives her sister a playful narrowing of the eyes and scoffs.

"What? You think you're the only one who quarrels with mother sometimes?" Aurora's use of words makes Nai laugh yet again.

Pushing herself off the frame she walks towards her sister, "you speak like you're from a different time Aurora. If you're really 'quarrelling' with mother, come to Texas with me. I don't want to be alone, and I've kind of gotten used to you showing up unannounced on set," Nai smiles teasingly.

Aurora gently nudges Nai's shoulder as she sinks into the bed beside her. She contemplates it for a moment, thinking of all the wrong that could go wrong and if it'd be worth it when Nai starts talking again.

"I'm thinking of staying in Texas for a couple of extra days after the shoot... You should stay too, I'm going to be with Dad and Claire..." Trailing off, Nai studies her sister's face. As much as Aurora likes to think she's mastered the art of a stone-cold facade; she was the easiest person to read.