02

Heat was spreading across the gymnasium and squeaks from the volleyball players' shoes echoed everywhere as they warm up for their daily practice. Tsukishima looked at his fellow first years and as usual, Hinata and Kageyama practiced their quicks. Yamaguchi was practicing his jump float serves with Sugawara, which was now getting better and better as days passed by.

After their warm-up, the players were given an hour to practice individually or by groups if they'd like. Tsukishima, on the other hand, was thinking that it was a pain to practice his blocks but everyone was working hard to improve themselves. Might as well give a shot in improving his blocks with the spikers, just like how Kuroo showed him from the training camp.

"Tsukishima!" Asahi approached him, along with Daichi, Nishinoya and Tanaka. "Coach told us to practice with you for your blocks."

"Sure." Tsukishima replied, walking with his seniors to the volleyball court. He and Daichi had to block the attacks of the other three, Asahi and Tanaka as the spikers while Nishinoya as their setter. One way or another, he was beginning to take his practices seriously without realizing it.

An hour passed by and Tsukishima was getting a hang of it, observing the movements of the spikers on the other side of the court. Nishinoya turning from a libero to a setter during a match would be cool enough for the audience to see. He then learned that he wouldn't be fooled by decoys anymore.

Coach called everyone's attention, giving a signal that it was already break time. He also told the players to form a practice match after their break.

Tsukishima grabbed his water bottle from Shimizu, thanking her after. He walked to the side of the court and drank. He then sees that Nishinoya and Tanaka was talking to her again.

"Kiyoko-chan! You didn't have to hand it out to me, you know?" Tanaka smiled as his face brightens up.

"Ah, no worries. I hand it out to everyone." Shimizu gave out a short smile to the two and continued to approach the other players to hand out their water bottles.

"She's a real beauty, Tanaka." Nishinoya's face was blushing, drooling slightly. He then turns to Tanaka, fixing himself. "Hey, I'm sure there'll be guys going after her and Hitoka-chan at the tournament so let's defend them from those assholes!"

"Right, right!" Tanaka agreed as they gave each other a fist bump and the both of them shouted out loud.

Tsukishima sensed a fired-up aura from the two. He also thought that it was creepy every time Tanaka and Nishinoya's eyes sparkled while talking to Shimizu. Speaking of girls, he tried to recall what happened at the playground.

"Will you be my first friend?" She asked as she reached out her empty hand to Tsukishima.

"No." He quickly replied in a monotonous tone, walking past by the silenced girl.

"... Four-eyes!" As she gave the insult, she threw the volleyball at him, hitting his back. "I am Hikari Taiyou! Remember that, so see you along the neighborhood!"

"Wai—" Tsukishima turns, wanting to stop her but Hikari was gone. He picked up the volleyball once again and checked the previous streets but she was nowhere to be found. He assumed that she must've ran fast enough to disappear right before his eyes.

And this is troublesome, he sighed. Hikari probably threw the ball at him so that they would meet again soon, but it has already been two days after their fateful encounter.

Tsukishima mumbled to himself, "Is she a stalker..?" Chills then went up to his spine, knowing that it might be a possibility.

"Stalker?" Sugawara said, sitting beside Tsukishima. He drank from his water bottle and chuckled. "She could be a fan, you know."

"A fan?"

"Mhm. Back then, the team once had a lot of people cheering for Karasuno High, right? Even the students from other schools joined the cheers! So I'd be surprised if we already have a fan before making a comeback at the tournament since they usually mean good luck!" Sugawara smiled.

It's probably the opposite though, Tsukishima thought as he remembered Hikari calling him Four-Eyes.

"But of course, you need to report it to the cops if she's suspicious. Our neighbor had a stalker following her when she just moved in. He kept saying that they'll meet again, which happened a lot, by the way. She went to the cops and turns out, the stalker used to be in her previous neighborhood meaning, he's been following her the whole time!"

"How creepy..." Tsukishima started cleaning his sports glasses. "Did he do something to her though aside from talking?"

"Not really. But he had a pocket knife with him. It could've gotten worse if she didn't report him to the cops." Sugawara picked up his face towel and wiped the sweat on his body. "You should have someone by your side when you're out, Tsukishima! Who knows, our tall blocker might be gone in a second." Sugawara exclaimed, filled with worry.

"Don't worry, Senpai. I've got Yamaguchi to walk with."

"You called?" Yamaguchi walks towards the two after taking his water bottle from Hitoka. "By the way, let's go to Coach's store after practice! I need to buy some detergent before I get home."

"Can I join you two?" Sugawara asked.

"Sure, Senpai!" Yamaguchi smiled.

Recalling the conversation Tsukishima had with Sugawara, he didn't want to trouble his senior by sticking along with him. "Ah, wait. No, it's fine—"

And a blow of Coach Ukai's whistle interrupted them. Everyone gathered around him, knowing that Coach has an announcement to tell while they're on their break.

The whole team was now immersed with the practice matches. Winning teams kept switching alternatively as they treated every point to score as a point gained in the tournament. Time surely flew by when the players continued to play practice matches all throughout the day. Coach also left early because he had to meet the part-timer who will take care of the store in the meantime since he has committed to being Karasuno High's volleyball coach.

And later, to Coach Ukai's surprise, he found at least five players of the team entering his store at the same time when he least expected it.

"Hello, Coach!" Everyone greeted him loudly, filled with smiles.

"Why the heck are you guys here?!"

Yamaguchi raised his hand. "Ah, I came to buy some detergent for my mom and they just wanted to join.." He then scratched the back of his head as he chuckled nervously.

Sugawara also came up and said, "Don't worry, Coach! We're also going to buy some snacks so we decided to tag along."

While they had a chat with their coach, Yamaguchi searched for detergent while Tsukishima went to buy some refreshments for himself. As soon as Tsukishima approached the section, he saw Hikari picking up strawberry milk from the refrigerator.

It's the stalker girl.