Chapter 1 - The Savior

Over the past couple of decades, the great countries have been at each other's throats. A war between the two would ensue quickly after the son of King of Trakinia, King Thaedus, was assassinated during the night; followed by the daughter of the Queen of Ordesius, Queen Ophelia, a day later.

This left both nations without an heir to both thrones and caused both royal families to go into hiding, declaring war on each other before they did so. Both military forces from both nations have been fighting each other at the border ever since the order was executed.

There have been many casualties during the fight, leaving both military forces with fewer men by the passing days, the war looking as if it will drag on for many months or years to come.

Both nations are suffering because of it, as well as its people. Which the military keeps recruiting people into the military due to their decrease in numbers.

Nobody knows when all the suffering and fighting will end, all they do know is that nobody will end up winning if this continues any further.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finn panted, a hand raised to shield his eyes from the present blizzard as he looked about for any sign of someone else. Somehow, he had gotten himself lost in the flurry of the battle, and he could no longer hear the sounds of the battle over the roar of the wind.

He kept low to the ground and tried to walk in a straight line, deciding he was no use to anyone until he found a landmark to recognize. Anything that might lead him back to his nation's forces or back to the battle.

Unfortunately, he only had chain mail armor over some leather garments that didn't supply him with enough warmth to protect him from the assaulting cold weather. If he didn't do anything quickly or find any shelter, he might die out in the forest from hypothermia.

The young soldier stumbled forwards, out of breath. He noticed a river and walked towards it with the little energy he had, kneeling at its edge. He dipped a paw into a crack in the frozen water and splashed his face, inhaling sharply at the chill. He quickly splashed water onto his arm, which had been injured in battle, washing away what blood he could.

He stood up and shook himself off, glancing around at his surroundings. The blizzard had cleared enough to see well ahead of him, and his eyes fell to a set of tracks on the other side of the river; a sense of unease settled over him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vincent sighed as he could no longer hear the battle cries and sharp screams of the battle. "What am I going to do now..?" He thought, as he continued to try and walk through the giant blizzard he was in.

He kept on trying to find any hint of life, but to no avail, he saw that he was very far away from his home. He continued walking, shivering a little until he found a frozen river.

His legs were shaking and he couldn't continue walking, but he had to if he wanted to get back home. His injured leg wasn't helping him to do so.

During the fight, Vincent tried to protect one of his comrades, which resulted in his getting a deep cut in his leg, which made his current predicament even harder on him.

Nevertheless, Vincent decided to continue walking up the river, hoping to find any sign of life, presumably, his people. Trakinia was North from the battlefield, so maybe if he continued to walk in that direction, he would end up back home, eventually.